All right so one of my guitars is sitting around with some .10-.46 strings on...It got set up profesionally for that gauge and all a few months ago, for standard tuning. So my question is, if I put some .52s in, and tuned it in D standard, would it need any adjustement done at all? The low string would be the exact same tension, but I'm not so sure about the others. I don't really feel like paying big bucks again to get it set up, and I don't want to mess around with my guitar either. And please, serious responses, if you don't know what you're talking about (heard it from someone else, etc.) please troll elsewhere.
Yep.... First off your nut grooves are probably not going to accomodate the thicker guage strings
Yeah thats what I feared the most
Im pretty sure that they have .046s on...but I might be wrong...anyone use them for D standard?
Chances are you'll have to re-adjust your intonation, and you may want to get your truss rod adjusted and your nut slots deepened.

If you do get a set up, call different guitar shops around town. You can probably get it done for cheaper than you did before.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Hah I wish...Pretty much the only place around here, but I could always go downtown.