I am positive my amp is blown and I just want to replace the speaker, but I need some advice.

It's an old 15W Austin starter amp I got with my first guitar and I blew the amp out by plugging in a bass and I just want to spend like 20 - 30 dollars putting in a new speaker to make it usable and basically resellable.

Does anyone recommend a website with incredibly cheap but working speakers? I'm guessing it needs 110V/60Hz 15 W speakers and I am also guessing it needs a 10 inch speaker.

Also, do I just cut the wires and resolder it or do I need to buy completely new wire? The wire goes into the top part of the amp, so if I needed new wires it would seem like too much of a hassle to fool with, but if it is just a new speaker I can fix that no problem.

I'm selling three old crappy guitars, amps, and cases that I paid next to nothing for, so it would just be nice to have three starter sets to sell.
if the speaker has an indication on the top of the magnet/coil, make sure to replace it with one that is the same. (ie: 8 ohm, 16 ohm, ect.) Putting a 60w (or more) capable speaker won't harm anything, but it will sound different than a 15w maximum spec speaker. Speakers with higher db sensitivity ratings have greater depth in the volume (light sounds versus hard sounds)

To go into speakers more in depth could go forever. But, you could find a cheap speaker at a Goodwill or Salvation Army in a small older cabinet or something for cheap. If it's the same size speaker (10" and 10") they should bolt up inside. if not, you can drill new holes for the screw eyelets on the speaker.

Also, there will be two wires. Technically, you could reverse either wire and it would be fine, but speakers don't always sound the same if you do that. Most speakers have posts where the output wires from the amp have fittings and they slip over the posts (and positive and negative are labeled). but - some speakers have the wire soldered from the amp. You'd have to unsolder that.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Quote by Jornibo
I'm guessing it needs 110V/60Hz 15 W speakers and I am also guessing it needs a 10 inch speaker.
No. The AC power that your amp runs on has nothing to do with the type of speaker.

Look at the speaker, and see if it has a marking like 8 ohms or 8 Ω.
Common speaker impedances are 4, 8, or 16 ohms.
If you can't determine this, just use 8 ohms. You won't get maximum power transfer, if the speaker impedance isn't matched, but you'll still make sound. Good enough.

The power rating of 15 watts might be how much power the amp takes from the AC power source, not how much it sends to the speaker. But in any case, 15 watts will probably be big enough to handle anything a little amp from a starter set can do.

Quote by Jornibo
Also, do I just cut the wires and resolder it or do I need to buy completely new wire?
Cut and solder the wires onto the new speaker. But you might not even need to solder. The wires may have connectors that slide onto the tabs of the speaker:

Quote by Jornibo
Does anyone recommend a website with incredibly cheap but working speakers?
These guys have stuff cheap, sometimes:
http://www.partsexpress.com
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
damn. dude's got pictures. now my post seems weak.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
I was going to suggest that perhaps the amp itself is blown, and not just the speaker.

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Thank you guys for all your help.

How do I tell if the amp is blown and not just the speaker?