hey everyone im looking to pick up a new amp. Im looking for a class A amp. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share them. I would prefer an older amp used amp,
Without knowing your style.

A palomino is an A class amp. But that's on the top of my head. As said above, what is style and budget?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Do you want a small tube amp? Most of the tube amps I've seen use AB (more efficient or something...).
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Class AB don't overheat as much.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by kyle62
You kidding?

No, I'm not kidding. I'm sick as goddam of people assuming that class A means it sounds better. 99% of people on this forum don't know the difference, and couldn't tell if they did.

I'm going to say what I already posted in another thread:

Class of operation means almost nothing to the sound of an amplifier.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Mar 7, 2008,
Actually I agree for the most part - people rush out and buy a 'class A' amp because they've heard people saying it's better. I think most people assume it's better because most small class-A amps come without all the complex tone circuits, effects and channel switching - which gives a purer tone path. In this case I'd assume the threadstarter is looking for a simple, single channel amp of low to moderate wattage...

In which case...what styles d'you plan on using it for?
yeah, and i want a class H amp. i guess i can settle for F if need be. a bit of light reading people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_amplifier
you can even just skip to the section on classes.

now TS, for a class A amp the ones i can think of off the top of my head are:
smaller crate palominos
epi valve junior
blackheart little giant

so try those out and see what you like.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Because it sounds awesome.

WROOOOOOOOOOONG

Class of operation has nothing with sound to do. If you were to play two identical amps, but one being Class A and one being A/B, I doubt you'd notice the difference.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^pwned
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Gabel
WROOOOOOOOOOONG

Class of operation has nothing with sound to do. If you were to play two identical amps, but one being Class A and one being A/B, I doubt you'd notice the difference.

The italics indicated sarcasm...
I could tell the difference. True class A amps have what's called tube sag, additional midrange compression and the speaker doesn't tend to come to "rest" as quickly. Be aware that the vast majority of amps using the term "class A" are really class A/B. The 5 watt tube amps are Class A.
Here's a resource you should read:
http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/tubes.html
Look up class A, also lots of essential tube amp knowledge. I bookmarked it.