I've finally gotten my dad enthused about "this damn guitar business." and he wants to get me another geetar. I play blues , Classic rock, a bit of metal, and I've got a gibson SG. I play through a Traynor YCV40WR, dunlop crybaby, little big muff, and soon a Fulltone OCD and hopefully a clyde deluxe wah. Is the fender american deluxe strat with maple neck and aged cherry sunburst good for most of those styles?

EDIT: I'll be using the vibrato bar so would it be a smart idea to get locking tuners? unless they come with it.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Depends on how much you use said whammy bar...if it's metal divebombs and whatnot, then yes. If it's blues bending and lighter stuff, then you should be all set. The SG should cover you for the little bit of metal so ya...I'd definitely go for the strat or you could look at a similarly priced Tele.

And word to the Traynor amp.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
great amps man aren't they? I just wish mine had a master volume. It also comes with locking tuners, straplocks, and other stuff so It'll be wicked. I might have to get an ac15 soon, Pretty bad GAS.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
if it is anything like the EJ sig strat it will be great.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10