Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help here involving how to rip my DVD's to my laptop and prepare them so that I can put them onto my iPod.

I have programs that will allow me to convert files into mp4 format so whenit comes to putting them onto the iPod I will be fine, it's just trying to get them onto my laptop when I get the problem.

I want to copy my collection of Scrubs DVD's and put them on my iPod, so how could I get it so when I rip them, I only rip the episodes themselves, rather than all the menus, chapter selection etc? As I assume not having this stuff would keep the file size down?

If this thread is against the rules, let me know and I'll delete it, thanks guys!

TF
against the rules...

illegal actions
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
DVD Decrytor, but I'm not sure if it'll work for tv shows.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
yeah strikethree, you'll find that alot of people do, due to the fact that it is a good TV show, so if you don't have any help, don't bother trying to pick arguments.

and i'll check that out sirwinston, cheers.
Use "Imtoo DVD Ripper". Use the free version....or theres another way to get the full version for free
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
lol y dont u jus put out a sign saying POLICE ARREST ME
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
lol y dont u jus put out a sign saying POLICE ARREST ME

Ripping a DVD isn't illegal, as far as I know. Ripping it to sell online or to burn and sell IS illegal, but backing up the file on your comptuer isn't illegal.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I've heard.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's not illegal if he owns the DVDs and he's simply ripping them to put them on his iPod. That's like saying it's illegal to put CDs on his computer. Kinda makes an MP3 player useless doesn't it?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
It's not illegal if he owns the DVDs and he's simply ripping them to put them on his iPod. That's like saying it's illegal to put CDs on his computer. Kinda makes an MP3 player useless doesn't it?

Well, technically, the RIAA ahs made that illegal, as well. =/

But that doesn't mean you'll be caught, ot even apprehended, really.

But, you're right, as long as it's your property, it's fine.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Well, technically, the RIAA ahs made that illegal, as well. =/

But that doesn't mean you'll be caught, ot even apprehended, really.

But, you're right, as long as it's your property, it's fine.

Seriously? The last time I checked as long as you owned it you could have it on 3 devices (CD, computer, MP3 player), even iTunes lets you have most music on 3 different locations. Although it wouldn't surprise me at all if they just decided to screw us over like that.

EDIT:
Quote by TobyFellrunners
to saffron angel: y dont u lern 2 type proprly lulz?

+1
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I cannot get the hang of this lol. I just ripped the first disc, but I don't have any episodes anywhere, just 5 minute AVI files in the folder where it should be, anyone know what this is about lol?