I have a Big Muff and its cool and all but it doesn't have a good tone at all for metal since it just tosses too much mid in unless I crank it to 0 or 10 then either its too bassy or way too treble and if I crank the sustain it makes the sound too loose to play palm muted power chords and sound good :/ would it be a good investment to sell that and get the metal muff or is that the same? If so what would be a good pedal that lets me get some good mid drive, kind of like Metallica, however keeping it from becoming mid-mud?
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Well it's not really designed to do tight modern metal. I don't really use mine for rhythm at all, only leads. Also, the BM's are notorious for having very scooped mids but I know it can be muddy sounding. Try out the metal muff, you might like it.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
blah yeah my bad- I meant scooped lol- its late here, and thanks its been bothering me because I like the sound of the muff but I just hate how scooped it is.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Muff!? Muff!?
edit: oh my bad....i thought this was a...sex related thread in the pit....again....my bad
I have a feeling I'm going to become know as the guy who tells everyone to mod their pedals, BUT...

Check this out. Lots of different things you can do including a mid boost knob and flat mids mod. Also, even the coveted vintage muffs like the triangle pattern one had a really scooped tone stack (even more so than the reissues!) so it's kinda the nature of the beast. But like I said, try the Metal Muff. Not my thing, but it might suit you.
I see I could try that out, I've actually had a good experience modding some of my stuff before. However I do like getting new toys on the other hand lol, but who doesn't? Honestly.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
If you like the BM sound but you want to fine tune it, I would try out some of those tweaks (flat mids is all of 4 components). Unless you try the MM and it blows you away. And yeah, buying stuff is awesome until the credit card bill comes at the end of the month