Alright guys, I've used turntables and mixers for 4 years now, and I've decided to start playing guitar, mainly for personal enjoyment at the time being, possibly something bigger eventually. Well, I'm a lefty, and I was thinking with starting out with this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2L-Dinky-Left-Handed?sku=511667. I was wondering what type of EMG pickups would fit on that, I know it's obvious that it looks single coil, but those sets come with 3 pickups and I see 4 slots.. . Sorry, I'm not fond with parts at all, I was wishing I could use a normal 81-85 EMG set but it doesn't look like they can fit? Basically I'd like to know the best EMG's that this guitar can rock.

Thanks guys.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
EMG 81/SA/SA (from bridge to neck), if you really want EMGs. Some people also like the sound of 85s in the bridge - it's a matter of taste.

Also, don't limit yourself to EMGs. It's also entirely possible to upgrade to different Seymour Duncans or possibly DiMarzios (even a stacked humbucker or two, to fit in the single coil slots).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Thanks guys, locally I just here amazing things about EMG's over most other pickups, and cash isn't too too much of a problem. Apreciate it!

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
i think you should maybe start with some cheaper equipment if you have never played befor
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
This has nothing to do with pickups- but you should NOT repeat NOT start with a guitar with a locking tremelo.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
you can get a starter guitar much cheaper, thats a real guitar (by real i mean gig-worthy)
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
I play around on my friend's Jackson, it kinda looks like a King-V but crooked? It had locking tremelo, even though I'm not aware of its qualities (or disqualities). Sorry, bit of a noob, I just got down to some pantera tabs but that was all I really got to learn. What is the main difference between the 81's and the 85's for EMGs?

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
The 85 is a little more bassy and slightly lower output than the 81, and is commonly used as a neck pickup; however, a lot of people run their guitars as 85 bridge, 81 neck, and seem to like that better.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Okay thanks, I've actualy decided to stick with the stock duncan's on that Jackson, I don't wanna worry about high quality pickups for now, since the guitar isn't bad as it is.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Good on you...there's no point worrying about pickups when you're first starting. Just concentrate on getting a decent guitar and, more importantly, a decent amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Good on you...there's no point worrying about pickups when you're first starting. Just concentrate on getting a decent guitar and, more importantly, a decent amp.

Alright dude, going with a sexy randall half stack.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW