Ok, so this contest is intended for any covers of big name acoustic songs. In other words, dont enter a cover of an acoustic song that no one has ever heard. As long as the band/musician who wrote the song is signed to a major label you should be fine.

-You will be judged on vocals as well as guitar playing, but primarily guitar skills since this is a guitar forum.
-You cannot have anyone else in the recording, and cannot have any other instruments, besides acoustic guitar and your voice.

This contest will be judged democratically. Anyone can post their opinions on who they think the winner should be, but please wait a week or two, or until a few entries have been made. The deadline for entries is March 20th. That gives everyone a solid two weeks to get their songs entered!

Good luck!
Yeah in! I like these.

All Along the Watchtower, link in sig
Mine is John Mayer's Slow Dancing In A Burning Room. It's in my profile.
Last edited by tbc4491 at Mar 9, 2008,
does it have to be an acoustic song? or can i play a non-acoustic song acoustically?
im in
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Count me in. I havent decided on song yet, but definitely mark me in.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
wakana, you should edit the first post to get a list of entries and songs up
Well, this is kind of pathetic. The due date has passed and only 5 people have submitted their songs.
Quote by DMBftw
hey um if u dont mind extending the due date I can get a cover up of Ants Marching by DMB....just gimmie a holler
I say you should just go ahead and cover that.
Is this contest still going? If so ...im in with my cover of "Take my breath away" by berlin.
Can I do an acoustic cover of Thankyou by HELLYEAH?
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by avenged_7_fold
Can I do an acoustic cover of Thankyou by HELLYEAH?

Dude, just do whatever.

If anyone wants to do anything, don't ask. Just do it.

I don't know if this is a contest anymore.

I like wardo9988's cover of "The Great Escape" best.
it would be epic if someone did tears in heaven unplugged by clapton, i would just murder it so im not going to :\
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17
it would be epic if someone did tears in heaven unplugged by clapton, i would just murder it so im not going to :\

I like that one. I might do it sometime. I already submitted one but whatever.
Hey just did a cover of Fake by The Frames today.
Didnt know bout the contest but sed i might as well enter it anyway tis on my profile.
And if ye cud leave comments on it ,see if i can improve or whatever I'll return the favour as well thatd be great!
i'd tap that .........speaking to a bass, its a music joke!

Harley Benton-hbb200bk
Epiphone Thunderbird
Electro Harmonix Double muff
Harley Benton 80-b amp
Ernie Ball Strings are my preferance!
i know the period has passed but im going to put one down...its Angel by Jack Johnson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tF_SgSaKb8
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!