My girlfriend's brother offered me this guitar for about $60. Im pretty sure it has never been played and is only 3 years old. I wanted to get a good campfire guitar and was wondering if this was a good idea. It is in perfect condition, I just wanted to know if anyone has ever played one or what they think I should do. Thanks for any help!!
$60's like half price. for a campfire guitar, it'll do you just fine. you can abuse it and not really care much, if at all.
its only 60 bucks. you could probably even resell it for more if you really dont like it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
That's what I was thinking. should I just buy this now, OR should I wait for my tax return and get a new Yamaha fg700s and make my old guitar my campfire guitar? Im kinda struggling with this........
This is not a solid top, I don't think - your plan of waiting to get the Yamaha and use your old guitar as your beater might make you happier in the long run.
if that's the case, i'd go with the new yamaha. you'll have two better quality guitars in the long run.
Ok, I've decided to buy his guitar thinking that has to be better than the guitar I have now (an old Indiana Scout), and $60 for a guitar that was 200, i figured its a good deal. And if it doesn't turn out to be a great guitar, I'll just wait to get my tax return or till summer and buy the Yamaha FG700s. Does this seem like a good idea to anyone?
Just wait and buy the yamaha, I own the same guitar and its gonna be better than the one in the link you posted. That guitar is most likely not gonna sound/play well.