Hey,
Tonight, I have recieved news that my drummer, my other guitarist, and a guest bassist are going to jam in a guy in our church's recording studio in a couple of weeks. It's pretty high tech apparantly (and he has an old fender silverface for me to use). Anyways, since I was excited that we were getting together again, I started coming up with solo ideas. In my profile, under "blues solo idea!", is essentially a rough version of what i'm gonna use in the studio. I may use this as a main solo, or maybe in a different part of the song. Remember to read the description for the mp3, it essentially sums up everything about it. I also felt that I was out of time in some places, so don't slam me on that too bad, as I already know. I also have a *very* crude recording setup.

As always, C4C, as long as your music isn't on myspace or truevolume.
UG profiles work fine though.

Peace!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You have some nice gear, and decent tone (I know in person your set up sounds much better). It's a cool solo, but what were you planning to do it over rhythm wise in the studio?

You have a pretty good blues feel, and I like that you tie lead playing with chords to add tension.

crit me?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13153650#post13153650
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
I was planning to do it over a drum track hopefully. Maybe with some chords in the background. I dunno, after I do the final adjustments to the actual playing, i'll figure out what to do with it.
Funny, I was critting your songs at the time that you critted mine, so let me just finish up my review on yours (i have dialup, so i'm waiting for it to load).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
nice. I've been getting away from blues latley, but your noodling has made me want to pick it up again. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
That's cool that i'm inspirational atleast :P.
I was gonna be a metalhead, then I started getting into the blues, and I haven't stopped.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thanks for the crit on mine

That was pretty cool. I liked the tone you have. Like oneshowmaster said, mixing the rhythm with the lead made it sound nice. I think that should sound good with some bass and drums.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Fender DG series acoustic
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
its people that you that make me love blues, man. very well done. AMAZING tone for the genre man, sounded awesome.. for some reason i really loved the chords you threw in there in the beginning.

really cool dude, i hope you carry out on it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Sounds good - certainly I'd like to hear it in context. Maybe a few licks or sustained bends inbetween the key beats, and perhaps less of a staccato feel in the runs, but definitely the makings of a nice solo. Great to hear chordal soloing for a change though.
you definitely have a good blues feel and everything sounds good. really nice tone too. the only thing is a lot of the stuff you have up sounds pretty similar. its still really good but try to branch out a little bit.

thanks for your crit on the stuff in my profile by the way