Yes, I realize that there is both a "beginner songs" and a "beginner solos" thread, but I'm looking for something more precise, I guess.

Basically, I'm trying to learn some new songs and don't want to have to look at hundreds of tabs before finding one that I like. And I figure that since you guys are all really cool and know a lot about good tabs, you might be able to help out.

I just want some song suggestions for songs that are upbeat and have fun solos but aren't too hard. I've been playing for about a year and a half, but I don't really 'practice'. I mostly just play what I know over and over, which is why I'm trying to learn some more. I'm looking for something along these lines (these are songs that I already know):

Arch Drive Goodbye - Eve 6 (I just love playing that song, even though it doesn't have much of a solo)
Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down (Super fun song, but easy solo)
We Are All On Drugs - Weezer (LOVE the solo, rest of the song is kinda boring)
Place For My Head - Linkin Park (I like that its hard rock)

I've tried Smoke On The Water, but I'm pretty stuck on the fast part of the solo, if that clues you into my skill level at all. That We Are All On Drugs solo, though, is awesome...fast but playable.

Also, I'm kinda looking for some good slow song suggestions, as well. Along these lines:

Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (really good vocals, easy to play and sing to at the same time)
Slide - Goo Goo Dolls (just a classic 90s song, really)

Thanks guys soooo much for the help. I love this forum because you guys are all willing to pitch in. Thanks!
anything by nirvana

start learn some easy 'tallica stuff like enter sandman

then be cool and learn seek n destroy
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
thanks for the quick reply! Guess that I should've mentioned that I'm not really that big of a Nirvana or metal fan. Nirvana just doesn't have enough energy, I guess...I dunno...just not a big fan. Thanks though!
Well if you like classic rock AC/DC's she shook me all night long solo is pretty fun.
When i first learned it i wouldnt stop playing it because i thought i was so amazing. But still a cool solo for begginers
I'll go by your music taste and take a stab at some suggestions.
Weezer - In the Garage or Say it Aint So
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Collective Soul - December
American Woman - The Guess Who

...for Easy Solo try Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky. It might be a little tricky for a beginner at first but i'm sure with practice you'll pick it up.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Kat: I will definitely look into that. Fun is key for me. I don't have that song, but it should be easy to find.
Travis:Good list. I have Weezer and Audioslave. I've wanted to play Say it Ain't So before but never gave it a try because I didn't want to tune down half a step. Looking at tabs for it, it looks like it should be good, though.

Thanks again, guys. Keep 'em coming!
There's 2 I highly recommend:

Time of your life by Green Day

Makes me happy by Drake Bell.
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
AH YES!! I knew there was a song I was totally forgetting about (Time of Your Life). I remember trying to play that when I first started and gave up pretty quick. I will definitely try that one again.

Do you recommend finger picking it? Or using an actual pick?

Drake Bell....is that the Nickelodeon kid?
Hard Act to Follow - Grinspoon. Good fun to play.
Not a huge fan of bees