I was wondering what you guys thought are best for the following pedal types. They are the categories im interested in.

I will give examples, i dont really know if there that good so dont get mad. Please base what you think is best on price and quality

Overdrive -( Ibanez tube screamer Ts9 or Ts808 ) ( Boss SD - 1)

Wah - ( Ibanez Weeping Demon 7 ) (Dunlop Crybaby)

Looping - ( Boss RC - 2 )

Acoustic - ( Boss AC - 3 )

Chorus - ( Boss CH - 1 Super Chorus Pedal )

Equalizer - (MXR M-108 Ten Band Graphic EQ)

Going to go along with a palomino v16 and an HSS MIM strat
Quote by dzaerpoor
I was wondering what you guys thought are best for the following pedal types. They are the categories im interested in.

I will give examples, i dont really know if there that good so dont get mad. Please base what you think is best on price and quality

Overdrive -bad monkey is a great cheap one

Wah -a decent stock one is a vox v847a

Looping - an rc-2 is the obvious choice, but you can always get a delay that loops as well (Akai Headrush, EHX stereo memory man w/hazarai, Line 6 Dl 4)

Acoustic - no comment

Chorus -EHX Small Clone

Equalizer - (MXR M-108 Ten Band Graphic EQ) that or a danelectro fish n chips

Going to go along with a palomino v16 and an HSS MIM strat

That'd be a good start, but it'd be good to get a budget.
There's always better you can get for more money.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
well im most interested in overdrive, acoustic, and loop. what could you suggest for those?
oh and i was just wondering, will the EQ help me get a large range of tones? is that the main thing its for?
You know it's really tough to name a "best pedal" for any category, because there are so many. Do you want the "best versatile" pedal, or the "best sounding pedal". Even then, do you want the best od for classic rock? For metal? For boosting the clean channel?

Two of my overdrives collectively, cost 3 times as much as a DL-4 new, slightly more than twice your amp new. And they aren't tubescreamers. Are they the best? Certainly for me, but maybe not for you. Lot's of people call the fulltone clyde the best wah, but is it good for slayer? Not really.

I can go on and on. So unless you set a price range, you're going to get answers from all over.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
sorry. i probably dont want to spend over 120 on a single pedal except for the loop which costs more. I would like to play classic rock, (zeppelin, HRCP, rolling stones etc.) and maybe make some of my own songs later on.
Because you didn't state a price range I will go with the best gear for value. (in my opinion)

Overdrive - Digitech Bad Monkey or MI Audio Blues Boy Pro

Wah - Vox V487

Chorus - Old Arion units generally picked up of ebay fairly cheap

Equalizer - BYOC 10 band eq

I left out catagories which I don't think my opinion should be valid due to limited experience/not caring to much about that type or effect
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112
overdrive id go for the ts-9 you can get it moded buy this dude analog man for like i think30 or 40 bucks and it will be a ts 808 but the ts 9 sound sweet!!!
wah: ibanez wh-10 hands down.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
Quote by paranormal5150
bad monkey is my favorite overdrive pedal. couldn't live without it.

Wow that pedal sucks wait till you here a good OD like a ts808!
^ everyone has theyre preferences, calm down. Seriously though what do you think will have the best use with a good price - quality ratio
a boss super overdrive modded to have the digital chip stacked with another one so the circut runs through two it adds an extra warmth to it and brings up the mids a little best overdrive pedal I have ever used
Quote by zaffie8808

He has. We all have. The Tube Screamers are overpriced and overrated for their worth.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by zaffie8808

Wow, that post sucks wait till you know what you're talking about.

I agree, ts808's are too expensive for what they are, there are other od's in the same range with similar qualities, and more versatile. the Bad Monkey is a version of the tubescreamer anyways.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Wow, that post sucks wait till you know what you're talking about.

Erm, for chorus see if you can find a Boss CE-2 on Ebay or something. Best chorus I've heard and it's not overly expensive on Ebay.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45

Erm, for chorus see if you can find a Boss CE-2 on Ebay or something. Best chorus I've heard and it's not overly expensive on Ebay.

Yes, sir!!
Hey, I'm Mike.