Was the distortion/overdrive on the GT-8 made for being used on its own, or used to boost your amps distortion?

Like, use it on clean channel for pure GT-8 tone, or use it over the gain channel (on amp) for a boost?
depends what you need it for right? If im not mistaken, its a multi-fx pedal. so you could use it as both.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Yeah, I figured as much. Hopefully it has some pretty good OD's.

Anybody got anything to say about the GT-8's OD's boosting your amps distortion? Is it good quality? I heard it has a T-Scream clone, so hopefully it's pretty decent.
Anybody got anything to say about the GT-8's OD's boosting your amps distortion? Is it good quality? I heard it has a T-Scream clone, so hopefully it's pretty decent.
Bump before bed ;D
Quote by Sabbz
Was the distortion/overdrive on the GT-8 made for being used on its own, or used to boost your amps distortion?

Like, use it on clean channel for pure GT-8 tone, or use it over the gain channel (on amp) for a boost?
Depends, but you normally use it on the clean channel of your amp. You can always experiment but a lot of the FX like mod and delay/reverb are meant to go after the distortion. Which leads use to....

The way to use a GT-8 in conjunction with your amp distortion tones requires an FX loop and something called 4CM (4 Cable Method) where you use both the loop in the GT-8 and the amp FX loop to properly place the amp preamp distortion in the GT-8's FX chain.