Roush Stage 3
19 26%
other (specify)
16 22%
Voters: 72.
Page 1 of 2
right now ive got a 2006 mustang GT

same colour
for a few years now ive been saving up money, and with help from my parents im going to upgrade it. so far, my ideas are:
A shelby GT500:

same colour
or A Roush Stage 3

(same colour, but not the Blackjack model shown here)

both are around the same price, so give me your opinions, anyone with any experience with both these cars know much about their strengths and weaknesses.
feel free to suggest other cars and companies also. im open for change.

EDIT: also, ill be using them to get to work/university, and weekend racing at the racetrack if that helps.
none. i hate the new mustangs.
try this:
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
What Sathiasun said imo, but I'm voting for the Shelby if something like that isn't an option for you.
Mustangs are small and stupid.

Get a big Car.

An Automatic Car.

A Rented Car.

That way you don't have to concentrate when you drive it and if you crash it, it's not your problem.
Roush Stang hands down.

The Shelby GT500 is what you have now but beefed up with a supercharger...nothing was done to the suspension or anything the roush stang has less HP but it doesn't handle like garbage either, and thank god they dont come in automatic.
Quote by SathiaSun
try this:

itd be impossible to find an old fastback like that.

theyre gorgeous, but i havent got $60,000 or the patience to restore an old beat up one.

plus im kinda edgy about safety, and id be really paranoid without airbags.
Last edited by DaStrat0blast3r at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Roush Stang hands down.

The Shelby GT500 is what you have now but beefed up with a supercharger...nothing was done to the suspension or anything the roush stang has less HP but it doesn't handle like garbage either, and thank god they dont come in automatic.

ye, ive spent a LONG time researching the technical aspects of these cars. in a drag race the GT500 dominates, which is where ill be primarily, but out on the track its very difficult to compete with the roush. but still 425 HP is a VERY powerful engine with the roush.
GT500 stangs aren't 500HP either..they come out to like 480HP they did it on top gear with a dyno. haha so they're pretty close to the same, but one handles better.
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
GT500 stangs aren't 500HP either..they come out to like 480HP they did it on top gear with a dyno. haha so they're pretty close to the same, but one handles better.

He wrote "almost" after the "GT 500" on the side skirt.

Roush all the way though in my opinion, simply for the reasons already stated. The GT 500 is a poser!
Quote by happytimeharry

He wrote "almost" after the "GT 500" on the side skirt.

Roush all the way though in my opinion, simply for the reasons already stated. The GT 500 is a poser!

i love how he thought his was so great and it turned out being a pussy 250 BHP or something like that. it killed me to watch him write that crap on it though.
the roush stage 3 isnt worth anywhere near what they charge for it, the increase of performance over a base mustang isnt anywhere near worth the price. the gt500, on the other hand, is an excellent, well rounded, car (though a tad heavy), and i would definetely go for that if you can find one that isnt too marked up in price.
Quote by Tom_hatton

Second of all, you are female. Therefore, you do not deserve an opinion.

Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Oh! I'm also happy I was the fastest sperm.

Quote by Megadeth2011
That is quite possibly one of the best ideas someone has told me yet. Crackattack ur pretty smart.
is the roush supercharged?

I know a stock hemi charger puts out 425 HP but those are all automatic..

there's no such thing as an automatic muscle car.
Roush, just because it's different and a true badass, but I won't blame you if you go the other way.

I have two mustangs myself (and I'm 17). One's an 02 GT convertible and the other is a 65 mustang 289 (kind of standard) which I inherited.

Also, I LOVE the newer mustangs, they really look like what mustangs would've looked like if they didn't exist before. That sounds confusing but you know what I mean, they look like the old ones.
Quote by crackattack
the roush stage 3 isnt worth anywhere near what they charge for it, the increase of performance over a base mustang isnt anywhere near worth the price. the gt500, on the other hand, is an excellent, well rounded, car (though a tad heavy), and i would definetely go for that if you can find one that isnt too marked up in price.

i think you got it the wrong way around dude. the only reason im even considering a GT500 over the roush is because of its iconic status (ill admit it) and because of how badass that front fascia is.

the roush is a much better performing car TECHNICALLY, but in the mojo department, the GT500 reigns supreme.

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though your mustang sux compared to this. check out the top gear episode where they compare cobra to sti.
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Quote by Esp_kill07

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though your mustang sux compared to this. check out the top gear episode where they compare cobra to sti.

(Invalid img)

Get that sh*t outta here!
tough choice.
i drive an 07 gt btw.

i'd go with the gt500.
i like the looks. and with a few simple mods you'd be laying down some serious power.
also it's a classic.

if you want performance i'd go the roush, but for an overall package (rarity, name, power, looks)
i'd go gt500.

also with 40-70k at my disposal i'd be looking at something more exotic than a mustang.
probably a corvette, porsche, or some other two seater.
Quote by musiclover2399
X2, also what's with the picture ?

That's what you say when you stuff someone in B-ball!

"BOOM! Get that sh*t outta here!"
dont upgrade cosmetics to drastically.. my advice, dont make your car something its not (Shelby). get a suspension/engine/ upgrade. remember, the best looking cars are ones with minor yet effective exterior modifications.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Neither...unless you're adamant about getting a Mustang then I'll say the GT500

I would get the new Audi R8 (correct?) coming out soon.

or

Motor Elise
Vette perhaps?

Eh, my mind is confuzzled right now, that is all...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Neither because I am a GM man. Give me a GTO or a new camaro any day.
Quote by SathiaSun
try this:

Yes..

You think like me.

new mustangs are gay
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I hate mustangs, and it seems to me that the majority of people who drive them think they're something they're not (such as "unique").

Also, you can spend tens of thousands of dollars on your mustang trying to make it go fast and I'll still blow you away on my modest, $5,000 motorcycle that I bought to save money on gas on my commute to college.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
I hate mustangs, and it seems to me that the majority of people who drive them think they're something they're not (such as "unique").

Also, you can spend tens of thousands of dollars on your mustang trying to make it go fast and I'll still blow you away on my modest, $5,000 motorcycle that I bought to save money on gas on my commute to college.

Unless you hit a stick in the road and flip over, causing the asphalt to rip your body into pieces...

I wish they were safe, though. I would get one in a heart beat.
we own a 71' Mach 1 and an 07' GT
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
A motorcycle is as safe as the rider, which encompasses many things.

People automatically assume that motorcycles are dangerous but one of the biggest dangers to motorcyclists is people driving cars that don't pay attention to driving. On a motorcycle you're pretty much forced to pay attention to the road and everything on it and around it. If you get complacent you will find out pretty fast that you need to be paying attention. Cars are more forgiving to people who don't pay attention, until you rear end a motorcycle at a stop light because you dropped a CD.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
A motorcycle is as safe as the rider, which encompasses many things.

People automatically assume that motorcycles are dangerous but one of the biggest dangers to motorcyclists is people driving cars that don't pay attention to driving. On a motorcycle you're pretty much forced to pay attention to the road and everything on it and around it. If you get complacent you will find out pretty fast that you need to be paying attention. Cars are more forgiving to people who don't pay attention, until you rear end a motorcycle at a stop light because you dropped a CD.

That's why I won't ever drive a motorcycle. It's not MY driving I'm worried about killing me. It's the other people I'm worried about. I live in New Jersey, after all. This state sucks at driving.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Neither...unless you're adamant about getting a Mustang then I'll say the GT500

I would get the new Audi R8 (correct?) coming out soon.

or

Motor Elise
Vette perhaps?

Eh, my mind is confuzzled right now, that is all...

hey man id KILL for an audi R8....but those things cost about $120,000
Quote by kinzoku
dont upgrade cosmetics to drastically.. my advice, dont make your car something its not (Shelby). get a suspension/engine/ upgrade. remember, the best looking cars are ones with minor yet effective exterior modifications.

im not planning on changing anything on my current stang, im buying a whole NEW car. i.e: Shelby GT500, or Roush Stage 3.
my neighbor owns a Roush Stage 3 and its too sick!
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
get an original shelbby GT 500, much nicer
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
much more maintenance too. our 71' has so many problems. not that a new car doesnt. its just a hassle. we need a new tranny
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Get the Roush, it will be more fun to drive. It can do a lot more than go in a straight line really fast.
We're only strays.
Quote by SathiaSun
try this:

+1
i dont hate new mustangs
but they suck compared to the old ones
Im not a massive fan of the new mustangs meself, i'd deffinetly go for the Shelby if I were you.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Page 1 of 2