Hi, new to this site, friend said its the best place to go if i wanted to learn to play guitar. I was wondering if sumone cud help me out, ive got a couple ?s. One:What does it mean to riff? Two: What does half-step flat mean? Three: Whats a folk- strum? And what can I do to improve the Flexibility of my chord and, and the speed of switchin chords? Again, if some one cud help me that wud b awesome, and i wud b grateful.
riff: come up with a short melody or chord progression

half step flat: such as from a c to a b, physically it is one fret closer to the headstock

folk-strum: i've never heard the term but I'm guessing that it is just strumming chords in the background of singing

flexibility: just practice, dexterity will improve as you do it more

speed: practice switching chords a bunch, you will motor memorize in a way.

by the way... there are specific forums for different categories of guitar knowledge, but I didn't want to be a dick and so i thought I'd answer your questions also.
Quote by Demodokos
riff: come up with a short melody or chord progression

half step flat: such as from a c to a b, physically it is one fret closer to the headstock

folk-strum: i've never heard the term but I'm guessing that it is just strumming chords in the background of singing

flexibility: just practice, dexterity will improve as you do it more

speed: practice switching chords a bunch, you will motor memorize in a way.

by the way... there are specific forums for different categories of guitar knowledge, but I didn't want to be a dick and so i thought I'd answer your questions also.

He is correct.

Please go this forum and enjoy your stay at UG.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all