So I went to GC today looking to buy a amp. Small selection as usually. It was between the AT-212 and the VK 212. I decided to get the B-52 cause it sounded great. I was pumped about it till I got home and read the review and I was like WTF. From the reviews I read this think screw up all the time. That is something I do not want to have to worry about all the time. Anyone agree that I take it back or are they not as bad as people say. Thanks for any suggestions.
Dude i have had my B-52 AT-212 for about 2 years now and that thing is ****ing invincible. It rocks just as hard as it did when i bought it. DONT take it back, it is a fantastic amp for the price and probably one of the best unkown secrets in amps. It is loud to, loud enough for any gig, and i dont even turn up half of the way.

If you wanna hear ur amp at work basically check out our myspace.

www.myspace.com/insurgenceheavymetal

We did all the leads on a b52, and most of the rythems. Believe me man you made a good choice.

If you want detail on the tone i dial up through it just ask.
yes it will blow up and kill you.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
It's one of those things that's just been blow up by the internet and people who think they know what they're talking about. Even brands like Behringer don't break as often as people would have you believe, I've got an old Behringer GFX 1200 that has been dropped, knocked over, had beers spilled in the back and it still powers up and goes reliably enough that it's my backup head should me Valveking fail (unlikely). The Line 6 stompbox modelers like the DM4 and DL4 are reported by people everywhere as being unreliable, yet I've played with bands where the guitarists have had one of those since they were launched in 2000 without a hiccup.

It's like any piece of gear you get, if you take care of it as it deserves, and are always careful about grounding and signal flow, you'll be fine. Don't stress man just enjoy the new toy.
Quote by Vantallica1
Dude i have had my B-52 AT-212 for about 2 years now and that thing is ****ing invincible. It rocks just as hard as it did when i bought it. DONT take it back, it is a fantastic amp for the price and probably one of the best unkown secrets in amps. It is loud to, loud enough for any gig, and i dont even turn up half of the way.

If you wanna hear ur amp at work basically check out our myspace.

www.myspace.com/insurgenceheavymetal

We did all the leads on a b52, and most of the rythems. Believe me man you made a good choice.

If you want detail on the tone i dial up through it just ask.

Thanks alot bro. That makes me feel much better. I would have to have to trade it in cause the fing the rocks.
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's one of those things that's just been blow up by the internet and people who think they know what they're talking about. Even brands like Behringer don't break as often as people would have you believe, I've got an old Behringer GFX 1200 that has been dropped, knocked over, had beers spilled in the back and it still powers up and goes reliably enough that it's my backup head should me Valveking fail (unlikely). The Line 6 stompbox modelers like the DM4 and DL4 are reported by people everywhere as being unreliable, yet I've played with bands where the guitarists have had one of those since they were launched in 2000 without a hiccup.

It's like any piece of gear you get, if you take care of it as it deserves, and are always careful about grounding and signal flow, you'll be fine. Don't stress man just enjoy the new toy.

That is true. From all of the reviews I have read over the years, you have to take them with a grain of salt. guess I will fill out my warranty and hope for the best.