During a recent performance, my friend was performing a solo: when he was playing on the Hot Rod Deluxe provide by the venue, there are a few occasions there is a lack of sounds on particular notes (think of GH3 when you press the wrong button). Afterwards, he plugged into the MG50 (yes, the same friend who want the buzzy and fuzzy sounds), and say it sounds fine. So he decide to blame the hot rod deluxe as having problem. He was using a very crappy Ibanez EX that was falling off all over the place (including a cracked headstock, and he did not bother restringing the high E despite it being off for a month)

However, the other guitarist of the band found no problem with the hot rod deluxe, and still able to do his own solo for the other songs. In that light, is it because of the amp itself, my friend's guitar, or just that his playing is not really that good (he said he prefer MG50 because it helps cover up mistakes, and I doubt he had really played a tube amp.)
Last edited by Jestersage at Mar 6, 2008,
He just sucks.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
By the way why would you even be on stage with someone that improfessional. It makes you look just the same. Playing out is a job if somebody does there job wrong or at a mediocre level fire him.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
By the way why would you even be on stage with someone that improfessional. It makes you look just the same. Playing out is a job if somebody does there job wrong or at a mediocre level fire him.

I am just one of the people that organize the shows and book the venue, and I thought it was a good idea... when I listen to his playing on Youtube it was okay (still better than me). I am more of the middleman. However, in terms of organizing, it is somewhat medicore...

Well, I am still learning, in terms of guitar and organizing shows. But it does feel somewhat a slap in the face when you think you gave the guitarist a good piece of equipment, only to find out they can't use it as intent and then blame the equipment.
Sounds like a likely excuse for sloppy playing...
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso