hey guys, how often do you change your strings, and how do you know when to change them? thanks
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
every time the search bar comes up...
yay! my first search bar joke

in all seriousness i change them every 2 months, except the high e string which i change every week coz it snaps for somew reason

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I change them either when the unwound strings turn grey, or when the tone starts to get weak-sounding
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
well i change them every 2-3 months.. 4 months if im using coatted ones.. but usually when one string snaps...... lately i was lazy becoz my strings havnt snapped in over 8 months HOLY i just realized i must change them... but i use DR Black Beauties....... so they last longer and they NEVER go outta tune
When they start feeling manky and sound a bit dead - every 6 weeks on my acoustic (which uses elixir nanowebs but I play it lots) and every 2 months on my Epiphone LP (which I don't play often).

...Having said that I've had my Gretsch a year and never changed the strings...the thought of dealing with the Bigsby is somewhat intimidating. However I pretty much have to now because my friend stowed it in the case without folding the bigsby and stretched the crap out of all the strings.
I change mine every month, buts that just because I like that nice bright sound and clean feel you get with a new set.
When one breaks, only because I'm poor, if I changed them everytime they turned grey I'd be homeless by now.
I changed mine today, but only because I went from 10-46 to 11-54. Loving drop B. But yeah thats after two months, and the old ones were still sounding pretty good
I would like to change them when the treble side starts to detonate, but strings cost to much. So about once every month sometimes even within the month lol
Once a month cause I like the sound of new strings, but also cause I like trying new gauges and makes
Bout every 6 months lol.

I just play at home so they don't need to be amazing, just need to get a sound out of em.
when they start to sound bad or when the higher strings blacken
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Every 3, maybe 4 weeks depending on use......

You can't beat the tone you get from new strings.....
Quote by striker327
I would like to change them when the treble side starts to detonate, but strings cost to much. So about once every month sometimes even within the month lol

Me too. If I could afford it, I'd change 'em weekly.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
when they break, when they start sounding crap or sometimes just when im really bored and the gf has the tv remote,
normally every couple of months
Quote by metallicafan616
every time the search bar comes up...
yay! my first search bar joke

in all seriousness i change them every 2 months, except the high e string which i change every week coz it snaps for somew reason

thats definately not supposed to happen. Take your guitar to a technician.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard