I wanted a JVM 205H 50W head but I can get the JVM 410H 100W head for a few hundred less... The reason I wanted the 205H is because I'm not going to be using this for anything but bedroom playing for a while. I mean I'm going to turn it up to a nice level but no where near needing 100 watts. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with the 410H and how it sounds at a lower level. Sorry if this sounds dumb, I mean I know the 410H is more valuable and it seems silly to even bring this up.
the tone of the 410H is brilliant. it's the best amp i've ever played on or heard. marshall has really made a great return to form here. the 4 channels are really useful. each one has a great tone and you have individual tone controls. if you've got the money to spend, i say go with the 410h
havent had experience with either but in theory...

a 100W amp is only twice as loud as a 10W amp.

most amps max out volume wise at about 6/10, after that, its just more power amp saturation.

saying that, i've played an EVH 5150III head which might only have been 50W, but it had enough gain to fill St. Pauls cathederal, and the volume was on like 0.25/10.

i doubt it would be as extreme as that, but try them out in an empty store and see how much you can wind it up.

perhaps try a 2x2 cab too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well... with 50 watts its still really loud but its more managable. you hit that sweet spot earlier. What you do man is pull two of the power tubes in the 100 watt head. That makes it 50 watts. And then you got a spare set of tubes. Thats what I do with my 6505.
Quote by paranormal5150
Well... with 50 watts its still really loud but its more managable. you hit that sweet spot earlier. What you do man is pull two of the power tubes in the 100 watt head. That makes it 50 watts. And then you got a spare set of tubes. Thats what I do with my 6505.

Yeah no doubt, that crossed my mind and makes the most sense. Thanks.
yeah thats the way to go and then if you get in a band and want 100 watts just put 4 in. I'd always buy a 100 watt over a 50 watt if given the choice but id use it as a 50 watt.
Be careful pulling the tubes btw. Their can be some complications doing it.

But its a good amp at bedroom level. But for heavier stuff I would advise sticking a OD pedal in front of it because imo at bedroom volumes it lacks the attack for heavy metal. But it does everything else a breeze and still sounds good!