Well I'm feeling slightly idiotic again, I'm thinking about rigging up my strat with three push pull pots that act as volume for each pickup, and also pickup selector for that pickup.. Can it work? I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work, but also can't wrap my mind around how the wiring would work. thoughts? anyone feeling completely generous wanna draw me up a diagram of it?

Edit: disregard idiocy. worked it out. But feel free to comment as to the brilliance or stupidity of my plan all the same.
Last edited by Don Rickles at Mar 6, 2008,
How about 3 concentric vol/tone knobs and a super switch?

That should be possible, right?

Cool idea tho...
well, hmm.......
if you connected all the switch parts of the p/p pots and did the standard with the hot wires and so forth, and connected the ground terminals to each other, then the hot terminals to each other, and then the hot and ground of the output jack to the last of each one
maybe that'll work, maybe not, but apparently you've already figured it out and i don't want all my writing to go to waste, so i'll stop
but if u do use that idea, remember to put the hot wire fromthe pikup on the middle tab of the pot

And they all lived happily ever after

THE END
Quote by Don Rickles
Edit: disregard idiocy. worked it out. But feel free to comment as to the brilliance or stupidity of my plan all the same.
meh. It's neither brilliant nor stupid. It's been done before.
Personally, I wouldn't want my guitar set up that way.
But if it works well for you, it's all good innit?

You might want to wire it so the pickups are on when the pots are pushed, rather than pulled. If you have only one pickup selected, especially if it's the neck pickup (closest volume control) and you accidentally bump the pot, you could switch it off. Then you have no sound at all. That's a terrible thing to have happen during a performance.

Wrong pickup is bad, but no pickup is death.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.