I bought thsi little beaut 4 years ago in Capetown South Africa. Its basically a 1 gallon oil can with a bar of ally screwed to it with allthe important stuff on.Pickups bridge fingerboard are all fixed to the bar which forms the neck and that runs right thru. The pick ups are hand wound and the tone and volume are bottle tops. I bought it because it looked great but it actually plays really well and sounds like a good semi. Feedsback like mad and is completely unbalanced but I love it.
John

Looks pretty cool imo
Gear

Custom Les Paul
Custom Handmade Telecaster quilted natural top with piezo fishman pickup
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 601
Boss DS-1, Boss MD-2,
Jim Dunlop Cry baby
yeah, i'm developing GAS for one of those, for about a year now i've been hoping to go to africa, pretty much JUST to get one because the only other places i know of to get them are from expensive websites that charge you for the shipping... but as a guitarist, i lack the funds to get to africa lol... i'm sure i can find a way round that hehe... voluntary work perhaps?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Crazy. Crazy but sweet. I'm guessing that because it's an empty can it acts something like a hollow-body?
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Afri-CAN

LOL

I swear you find some of the most clever shyt in the most out of the way places.
That's actually awesome
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Thanks for the comments guys. It does have strap pegs behind the headstock and underneath the can bottom but its really is a dog to try and play standing up with a strap. Sitting down though its cool, I just love the action and the fingerboard which is a huge slab of rosewood.
I wish I'd bought another I saw out there as well . That one had one pick up and F holes cut in the can!!! It wasnt painted and had the original Castrol GTX logos and artwork on the can. It is amazing how well it actually sounds both as an acoustic and electric.

John
That's pretty cool, I kind of want to make one now.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
i saw one of those when i was down in capetown.
there was a guy who used to busk on the waterfront near the mitchells alehouse bar there. he was pretty cool, had one made from a castrol can.
didnt realise you could buy them tho,
its really cool wish id got one.