'llo guys,
Theres something really annoying going on in my guitar, the sustain on the High E string on the high frets is terrible, and I am talking even acoustically, which means its not a tone problem, acoustically I get about 1.5 second sustain, and with high distortion i barely get 4 seconds. It is really getting on my nerves as I've tried everything to try to solve it. I tried lowering the action or raising it, still the same issue, it's making me cry. If it helps it has a standard Lespaul style bridge.
Help would really be much appreciated.
Cheers
why is it not a tone problem? make sure your pickups aren't set too closely to the strings that can kill the sustain a bit.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

are the frets dead/worn? that could be the problem, also your neck may be bowed (wild guess) or something. Take it to a tech to get it checked out
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Check your pickup height for sure as thats a common sustain killer

You're action might need raising a bit too that helps sustain tremendously
Check your nut, i had the same problem on my sg. And slightly on the B string. I just slightly cut the nut with a razor blade, and ofcourse added some graphite as you should. And that mother bitch screams.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Thanks for the tips, modifying nut and what not can permanently damage the guitar I heard, so I will propably go get it checked out at the guitar tech. Good bye 60$ strings : <