Being a HUGE Crispin Gray and Tim Skold fan, this caught my eye:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_firebird_v_1963_ltd_edition_aw.htm

(sorry, hyperlink thing's not working- at college!)

So, I'm playing 'stompy' goth-influenced alternative rock, main influences Marilyn Manson, Muse, John 5 and Bauhaus, and we're sounding a bit like this (listen to 'A-Bomb' and 'We Are The Shadowmen')

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=184062031&MyToken=846c0b30-77f1-4710-b550-766825935412

I'm currently using a Randall RG50TC and an Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer, although I'm likely to upgrade to a Mesa/Boogie F30 or a Marshall DSL401 when me and my girlfriend/bassist move into our new flat. We're going for a sort of gothy asthetic to go with the sound, and she's a fan of Ibanez artcore hollowbody basses.

So, how will the mini humbuckers handle quite a bit of OD (not too much- think John 5!), stompy riffs and a bit of John 5-esque chicken pickin' and blues?

If so, it's good as sold. Also, are there any other guitars in the price range that you'd recommend?
Seems like a decent guitar, and with a decent enough amp, you could pull off that kind of OD. Have you tried it out though? Epi's QC is quite sketchy.
Can't try it out anywhere near here- nowhere has it!

How do minibuckers sound compared to full-size hums, p90s and singles?
in between p-90s and humbuckers I would say, not quite a regular humbucker, but fatter tone than a p-90
But for what I'm playing, I guess the minibuckers would be good, right?

Any suggestions of an amp up to just over £500, too?
Mini's really have their own sound. I have them in my '77 and love them, but they're not for everyone. Fat, but capible of stretching till they're almost paper thin.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
For 500 euro, so around 1000 usd?

I've played one, and it felt really nice, and looks better in person. I'm not a fan of mini humbuckers, though. I have some on my Gibson SG, and I hate the sound.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I've played one, and it felt really nice, and looks better in person. I'm not a fan of mini humbuckers, though. I have some on my Gibson SG, and I hate the sound.

Which SG? Why dont you like them, i love mine.

Quote by MudaFoka
More like $750.

I'm actually working in £, which is worth just over twice as much as the dollar, so £500 = $1000.
go second hand for amps.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I'd prefer to get a new amp so I can pay by finance- I don't want to be behind on a month's rent, so I'd rather pay in small amounts.
Check out the Laney TT50, very versatile amp. I have done a video review of it, so click my sig!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i would just stick with the rg50tc and save.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Slayer566
i would just stick with the rg50tc and save.

It's making crackly noises and the fuse thing keeps coming loose... I know it needs a valve change, but what do I do about the spazzy fuse? Also, the pots are crackling.
is it still under warranty?
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by zekk
Which SG? Why dont you like them, i love mine.

The '74 Gibson one has the mini humbuckers. I don't like the sound of the guitar period, I dunno if it's the pickups, or that it just sounds bad. I really only like it as a collectors item, that I plan to sell some day.
I've been eyeing up this setup:

Epiphone Firebird V
Blackheart Handsome Devil w/ 1x12 cab
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Visual Sound H2O
Fulltone Wah

yay or nay? Different guitar for £300?
Okay, this is the last time before I just start a new thread, and if anyone says 'search bar', then they can just look at this thread.
*reported for bumping and posting 5 posts in a row*

A small tip, delete previous posts if you plan to bump (then people won't see).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009