I've been through every written/video guide I can find on the net, and none really help. Every one says "this is assuming you dont change the string gauge"...Well, lets assume I DID!! lol, I tried to change the string gauge on my K7 and it was a mess, i've moved the spring plate in the back more times than I know, and i've decided to just put the stock gauge strings that it comes with back on. But because I've moved the spring tension around so much, it's pretty much like changing string gauges still right? Is there any setup info that starts from scratch and doesnt "assume" everything is going to be the same?

Also, the K7 uses heavier gauge strings, .10-.60, and came stock with 3 springs. I keep reading more than .9 gauge and you should have 4, was ibanez wrong and should I leave it at 3? Gracias
bring it to a shop, it'll be TONS easier to pay like 40 bucks than put yourself through the misery of trying to fgure it out, i'm talking from experience
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
bring it to a shop, it'll be TONS easier to pay like 40 bucks than put yourself through the misery of trying to fgure it out, i'm talking from experience

Thats the thing, I brought it to an IBANEZ DEALER who sells guitars with floyd's on them, this is what I got back:

I live in a town where you take your stuff out of town, medical, and all. What makes it worse is that they didnt have the string gauges I wanted so he said i'll have to charge you for a few bags to get them all, I said fine, I just wanted this thing working. So I pick it up, the floyds 2 inches out of the body, and he's like "for some reason I couldnt get it in tune"...idiot. I was pissed so I just left, but I was charged $20 for strings that Im just throwing in the trash. I've been trying to find a shop that I can ship it to that will do the setup and send it back, but no luck yet. Until I do, im going to have to try and do this myself.