Hi guys

I guess all of you guys have role model you want to be like.
In my case, I am totally into Emotional hard-core and just emo.
And I want to be a great Rhythm guitarist,(when I started guitar I wanted to be lead guitar though , I found that rhythm guitar part is extremely important and Atractive for me) So..Naturally I've been interested in Rhythm part and emocore music, anyway
my rolemodel of rhythm guiarist are "saosin ,anberlin,lostprophets" and music style as well.

how about you guys?
Recommend me any good post-hardcore band
for rhythm, my role models are Malcolm Young, Tony Iommi and Jimmy Page. the last 2 are also on my lead guitarist role model list.

but i'd have to say Led Zeppelin is my ultimate role model because of their approach(es) to making music and live performance.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Michael Angelo Batio - he's a genius because of his perfect technique, usage of dynamics, showmanship and knowledge on theory... but I think people tend to get entertained by his shredding rather than his entire musicianship...
Even though he's a drummer and I'm a guitarist, Mike Portnoy is my favorite musician. He's got such a great musical mind, and his dedication to his instrument is inspiring. Plus I'm totally obsessive compulsive aswell, and Mike's music is stuff you can listen to and study for ages without getting bored of it. With a lot of Dream Theater and Liquid Tension music the harder you look at it, and the more you get to know the music, the more beautiful it becomes.
Quote by domenic_665
Michael Angelo Batio - he's a genius because of his perfect technique, usage of dynamics, showmanship and knowledge on theory... but I think people tend to get entertained by his shredding rather than his entire musicianship...

+1

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
my first is john frusciante, musically because i love his solos and his stage persona, and just about every aspect of his playing. and as a person, because of the way he managed to dig himself out of heroine addiction and get clean and stay that way.

and then also my guitar teacher, because even though hes beastly, hes perfectly content to live in a small town teaching and playing weekend gigs.
Slash definately Slash i just love his style and the classic rock style of playing rhythm and my main influences are Angus Young, Joe Perry and Slash soo
If you can hear your mom complaining...YOUR NOT ROCKING HARD ENOUGH
Well this is tough I'd say it's probably a tie for me, Mike Ness or Fat Mike. It always fascinates me when you follow social d's albums how much you've seen the band and Mike Ness change. It's interesting to see pure raw punk turn into such a perfect blend of blues and punk. You've gotta admire Fat Mike for never growing up! His song writing is genius in itself and when you see NoFx live you're surely going to get a show and every penny worth from it. He's witty hilarious and half the time is drunk and still puts on amazing shows.
Quote by napalmbrekfast
Well this is tough I'd say it's probably a tie for me, Mike Ness or Fat Mike. It always fascinates me when you follow social d's albums how much you've seen the band and Mike Ness change. It's interesting to see pure raw punk turn into such a perfect blend of blues and punk. You've gotta admire Fat Mike for never growing up! His song writing is genius in itself and when you see NoFx live you're surely going to get a show and every penny worth from it. He's witty hilarious and half the time is drunk and still puts on amazing shows.

I wouldn't say Fat Mike is witty or hilarious. I love nofx (seeing them play The Decline is my best concert moment ever) but as the years have worn on Mike really doesn't do anything but bash on religion and GW. He's a huge hyprocrite, ****ting all over people for being intolerant when he's just as intolerant as any neo-con.

Anyways, I don't think I have any one specific role-model musically. I've been influenced by all kinds of people in different ways.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Donald Alder

Because he drums on his guitar!

But also i guess i dont want to be like him, i will just do what i like, i guess im developing into a very chordal player maybe.