Page 1 of 3
Should people be allowed to get married at 16 ( at least here they can)

would you get married?

and do you think people dont take it seriously enough in this day and age?
I'm fine with it being allowed, I just think those who do are a bit silly.
Poor dude who gets married at 16... he ruins his ****in life
I've a friend who got married at (early) 18, and his life is ****in ruined - they separated while he served (he is still there) as an American soldier in Iraq.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Marriage is a LIE..

Getting Married at 16 wow imagine that it whould be like having 2 Moms first you have your wife bitching about stuff then you got your mom,pick this up do the dishes,rub my back,walk the dog,fix the car..

you will be an Al Bundy before you hit 18...
Last edited by I kill Children at Mar 6, 2008,
Personally i think that age is a bit low, people can easily get mixed up with emotions at that age, quite a lot of people i know have got engaged and stuff but at 16 it usually never goes through to marriage. I surpose its thier choice though.
whatever floats their boat really.. i personally don't care, if a couple feel they are ready for it then fine.. its just where they are about a year into the whole thing that really influences the future of both person's lives.
getting married... how much would that suck.
but seriously NO!!! I know i wasn't at a stage of my life to make a decision about something like that when i was 16, i'm still probably not 6 years later. i don't really like certain laws telling people what to do but they ****in need it. and they actually need it more than whats there. people are too god damn stupid to make their own decisions, in general. If only i ruled the world, then i would grant human rights to smart people and the rest could **** off and do what they're told.
Quote by shroomhound
getting married... how much would that suck.
but seriously NO!!! I know i wasn't at a stage of my life to make a decision about something like that when i was 16, i'm still probably not 6 years later. i don't really like certain laws telling people what to do but they ****in need it. and they actually need it more than whats there. people are too god damn stupid to make their own decisions, in general. If only i ruled the world, then i would grant human rights to smart people and the rest could **** off and do what they're told.

You have my vote
lol, it may as well be lega. It's really stupid though, haha.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Recent events have led me to believe that some people shouldn't be allowed to look at the opposite sex (or in the peculiar case which sparks this mini-rant, the same sex) until they're 18. It seems to me that people of highschool age have no clue about their own emotions.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
it whould be like having 2 Moms

or three mums because you would have your wife's mum as a maternal influence too...lol
People should be allowed to enter whatever social contract they want, unhindered by government.

Who are politicians to say who or who isn't ready for marriage with some catch all federal legislation?

That being said, I personally don't think people take it seriously or would be anywhere near ready at 16. Most of the Pit populace is 16...
I know someone who got married at 17 and they're every happy still (they got married a year or two ago)
ohai little sig.
should be with parents consent if they're 16, if they're 18 its fine
☺Take It Easy ♥
Well maybe when 'The New Paper' runs out of juicy front page news, they might cover early marriage. And usually, the front page articles are worth a huge laugh.

Yea it's silly.
HI GUYS!
Quote by I kill Children
you will be an Al Bundy before you hit 18...

MEGA LOL!!!
you made my WEEK
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i mean, getting married is no big issue, it's not really gonna ruin their lives if they're legally bound together.

it stops being harmless when a kid comes around and they have no way of supporting it, though.
Quote by CoreysMonster
i mean, getting married is no big issue, it's not really gonna ruin their lives if they're legally bound together.

it stops being harmless when a kid comes around and they have no way of supporting it, though.

Would you rather them have a child when they aren't married? It's likely going to happen either way.
Heck no. I'm 16, and I know that I've only started to enjoy single life. I'd much rather get married when I get married, probably mid 20's.

In my opinion, anyone who wants to marry that early is settling for the first thing they find. They'd be too young to make such a huge decision. I agree that people don't take marriage seriously enough. Even if they don't believe that marriage is for life, marriage still entails huge consequences, such as children, financial responsibility, etc. There's also the possibility of divorce to consider when making such a huge decision. There's not only emotional consequences, but enormous financial consequences.

In effect, marriage can be the decision of how happy you are for the rest of your life. I don't think 16 year olds can effectively make that decision.
Quote by petrina_678
Should people be allowed to get married at 16 ( at least here they can)
Absolutely!

I firmly believe we are all entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of misery.

Quote by petrina_678
would you get married?
Depends. Is there a gun involved?

Quote by petrina_678
and do you think people dont take it seriously enough in this day and age?
People haven't taken marriage seriously since the '60s.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by denizenz
Would you rather them have a child when they aren't married? It's likely going to happen either way.

hm, that's true.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Absolutely!

I firmly believe we are all entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of misery.

Depends. Is there a gun involved?

People haven't taken marriage seriously since the '60s.

Although I feel that the pursuit of happiness is a horrid line, and much prefer Locke's idea of life, liberty, and property...
Quote by denizenz

Although I feel that the pursuit of happiness is a horrid line, and much prefer Locke's idea of life, liberty, and property...

I don't see "pursuit of happiness" anywhere in his post!
its a tough call but i think its ****ed up coz those who do are so immature and in most cases the marriage wont last
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
I guess it's alright, but I think those that do are jumping the gun, most likely as a result of immaturity and thinking you love this person you've known for 2 months. I've known two people that did that (they're actually 19 but one got married a few months ago to a Marine now in Iraq, and the other is getting married in a few weeks to a guy she met in January). And I can tell you, these girls are immature.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
They can do whatever they want, I just won't take them seriously.
Looking for my India/Django.
Hmm 16 year old marriage..

Yes, funding your family with a Mcdonalds paycheck is always the way to go.
Quote by Blankz
Hmm 16 year old marriage..

Yes, funding your family with a Mcdonalds paycheck is always the way to go.

Marriage is stupid anyway.
getting married at 16 just means you get to have a divorce before you're 20.

That way you learn what they're all about and can handle them better when you're all growed up.
Unless your getting married to rosy palm noooo. the divorce rate is bad enough as it is. I read somewhere that our generation (im 20) is waiting til their mid to late 20's before getting married because we getting our edumacation on. i think its a great idea personally getting established then nail your wife.
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!
You can only get married with parental permission at 16 here. I think they should get rid of that. You can only marry at 18, parental permission or not.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Personally doesn't bother me, I wouldn't do it, even though my girlfriend is amazing and I plan on marrying her eventually, mainly because she put's up with so much of my **** and never get's mad at me, she's perfecr for me.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
I know about 5 people who are engaged already, their ages range from about 16 to 19. And it seems pretty weird to me.....I'd never consider getting married at that age myself, that's for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how many of them actually end up going through with the marriage though....
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.
Page 1 of 3