I just Bought a new Danelectro Dano Pro. I want to convert it to left handed. Can I just flip the nut around or do I have to buy a left handed nut? thanks.
have to buy a new nut and cut it yourself, or can you get them pre cut im not sure?
Quote by jimmybob24
have to buy a new nut and cut it yourself, or can you get them pre cut im not sure?

Quote by ronco05
i just cant turn it around?

why would you ask the same question again when you just got a very clear answer? don't ask a question if you're gonna immediately challenge the answer you get.

in the interest of adding something useful to this thread, I'm sure you could just turn it around, but your intonation would be all off because of the shape of a standard nut (you need the side facing the bridge to be flat so that it is actually stopping the vibration in the right spot). just check it all thoroughly before doing anything, maybe have a local guitar tech tell you what they would do.
Last edited by rednwhiteblues at Mar 6, 2008,
If you flip the nut the strings will tend to pop out while playing. The bevel will be the wrong way screwing up the intonation as previously said. And there are very few places that sell left hand ones and very small selection when they do.