Just came from music shop and bought some useful tools for my new guitar : Dunlop 65 cream, some Fast Fret etc. Also bought Dunlop strap lockers...
On the way home i was exciting, but when i came home, unscrewed my old strap holder, and put new screws....i found out that they are too long for guitar...never used strap locker before, so i checked manual of Dunlop and...

Strap Button Instructions:
Remove existing strap button, Drill hole with a 7/64" drill bit, 7/8" deep or 22.225 mm

Wait a min... DRILL??
My new Razorback...to drill? What the hell, guys? Is it supposed to be like this? What should i do?

Dunlop Straplok Strap retainer sysem, SLS1033BK, Dual Design

Any help please
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
k well, if you mean what i'm thinking and the screw is to long to just fit in the holy that is already in the body, just, use a screw driver, put it in like you normaly would, and just keep going, and if you dont wanna make thehole bigger, find a screw that is the same length. does that answer your question?
Did you try the old screws? Sometimes those fit through the new button, and sometimes they don't. You might get lucky and have 'em fit.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I tried them man, the head of old screws is big, cant fit into the strap button
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
You can probably get shorter screws.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
good idea, i'll try to search for shorter screws. Cheers for help, guys.
Some more suggestions?
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
I had just put a Schaller straplok on my ML, just the rear because that's the one that popped off all the time. I still have the original neck strap button in, because the straplok screw is too long and I don't want to drill into the neck heel, that just seems like a bad idea. But the rear fits, strange. Maybe you can just install one, if the rear is the only one giving you problems.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
why cant you drill it? it's safer than forcing the screw in. just use a tape measure and mark the length of the screw on the bit with tape and go very slow.. or am i missing something. if i am you can go to the hardware store and get the exact screw you want for like 10 cents
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club