I'm thinkning of getting a Dean Explosion Razorback, All the "Reviews" are good but i'm just wondering what you guys think of it and what guitars you would recommend for the same "Style (Metal)" and around the same price (£750.00/$1,099.00) or below

Thanks
yeah i know i've already tried it.

and i've got a Marshall RG30DX

and a Zoom 707 Effects Pedal.
Quote by xAbyssusx
yeah i know i've already tried it.

and i've got a Marshall RG30DX

and a Zoom 707 Effects Pedal.

id suggest upgrading your amp, it may not seem like it now but you'll be glad you bought it over a new guitar, what guitar do you have at the moment btw?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Get a new AMP first. As for other guitars for £750. DEAN Black Gold. Or get the shards Exactally same guitar but £50 cheap for some reason. Dean Hardtail.

Or just get a Deluxe Players Strat and a used Valve AMP. Thats my plan anyway.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by bodomfan666
id suggest upgrading your amp, it may not seem like it now but you'll be glad you bought it over a new guitar, what guitar do you have at the moment btw?

"Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (£200 one) " but its absolutely knackered!
Deans are WAY over priced. Crappy neck pickup, crappy trem, vinyl graphics, and made of more pieces of wood in China than I have fingers on my hand. The old Washburns were much better guitars, and if you really want a Dimebag guitar, go for one of those.
razorbacks aren't the greatest thing ever but if you like that kind of thing i suggest the dime far beyond driven instead
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
+1 on the getting a new amp first....

I can see were your coming from though, a new guitar is nice to have. But my personal opinion is if your guitar cost 4 times more then your amp theres gonna be an issue.... Id rather have a 500 dollar guitar playing on a $1000-$2000 dollar rig vs $1000 guitar on a $250 rig... The sound on the more expensive rig will be amazing no matter what guitar you plug in...

And as for the razorbacks. I thought i would like them until i played one... There way to light for something so big, i know alot of people like light guitars but come on something is up here. How can something be that light with out loosing something.. The only thing i like on them is the knecks... And as for the pickups just look up some reviews on the dimebuckers and you might change your mind.. And if im getting a 1000 guitar i dont want to change out the pickups and for a grand it better have a original floyd rose tremolo in it....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 7, 2008,
Quote by strummin67
For those of us unfamiliar with the term "knackered" is that a good or bad thing?

It Means... Bad, Worn out, pretty much broken, sorry for the bad english slang there

Thanks for the opinions aswell :-)

Keep them coming