Well, just won a contest at my local jam session (organised in local church) and I get to pick between a Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster or a Fender Lite Ash Telecaster.

I have no idea, help me out!

I play mostly alternative stuff, not really much else (Muse, Biffy Clyro etc).

Help me!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Wow man! What an awesome prize! Well, I'd go for the Classic Player because I think its the one with S1 Switching (correct me if i'm wrong) and a guitar with that feature.

What finishes are the two guitars in?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
congrats on winning the contest.

hard choice, but id go for the Classic player, but only just, based on absolutely nothing except looking at specs!
Baja Tele has a pretty fat neck, S1 switching and SCN pickups, vintage bridge?

Lite Ash has Seymour Duncans, a slimmer birdseye maple neck, and a modern bridge (I think)?

Personally I'd go for the Baja purely because I like fat necks and then I'd rewire it as an esquire! But you should just play both a little bit and pick which feels better to you, some people don't like the fat necks on Baja's.
I'd go for the Baja, just because i prefer the looks. Check out the reviews here
Jeff Buckley

R.I.P
The Baja is pure sex, I'd definitely go with that one!
Baja, s-1 switching is so insane, so many tones man.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
baja has an amazing wiring system that can get pretty wild, and has amazing build quality and parts...

i hear the light ash is also pretty good, but id go for the baja...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
They haven't been ordered yet, so I can get any finish, unfortunatley this means I can't try out any of them as they're out of stock locally.

I have a strat, And the neck seems quite fat, would the Baja be fatter? and The Lite Ash be thinner?
Quote by Sonicxlover

either way a tele's neck is fatter than a strats...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
i say def go for the lite ash, i tried both of those guitars out recently, originally i wanted the baja because of the switching even though i didnt really like the finishes, i tried it out and i was quite disappointed at just how samey the tone is for all of the different positions, the lite ash has a thinner neck yes and imo it looks much nicer, also it has the seymour duncans so you cant fail lite ash!!
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Quote by notonlybutalso
i say def go for the lite ash, i tried both of those guitars out recently, originally i wanted the baja because of the switching even though i didnt really like the finishes, i tried it out and i was quite disappointed at just how samey the tone is for all of the different positions, the lite ash has a thinner neck yes and imo it looks much nicer, also it has the seymour duncans so you cant fail lite ash!!

+1

also, birdseye maple is just beautiful
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Lite Ash has Seymour Duncans, a slimmer birdseye maple neck, and a modern bridge (I think)?

Both have vintage bridges.
I have the lite ash, had it for about a year and a half, still love it just as much as the day I bought it.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Can it handle distortion well? I'd love this kind of, squealing when you put like, a Metal Zone on it.
Quote by Sonicxlover

It's fine for distortion but it squeals a bit at really high gain / high volume. I use mine through a Big Muff and it sounds fantastic.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
The Baja. But buy a black scratchplate and replace that white one.
Anyone like 50's Teles?
Quote by Sonicxlover

you know, if you really can't decide. Pick the most expensive one and sell it?
Quote by Revhain
you know, if you really can't decide. Pick the most expensive one and sell it?

haha actually not a bad idea!
"A good song should make you want to tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs." - Tom Morello
old thread
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011