got to do a performance at college next week or so, just wondered any songs that would sound pretty good solo ideally?

last time we had to do one i played pretty little ditty by RHCP

any suggestions? preferably with a good groove, doesnt have to be funk, but i am swayed very much to playing that style

all ideas welcome

thanks alot
A good idea may be to take an exiting song and arrange it for bass. Maybe, for example, Yesterday by the Beatles, you can pull of a good version of that if you've got the skills.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
A good idea may be to take an exiting song and arrange it for bass. Maybe, for example, Yesterday by the Beatles, you can pull of a good version of that if you've got the skills.

Or if you're good enough at double handed tapping, While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
Have fun learning Donna Lee in a week!

Shouldn't you have played a solo piece to get into college in the first place?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
intro to anesthesia (pulling teeth by metallica), if you only play the inro, w/o effects it sounds sort of like classical music/ a little bit jazz improv like
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Have fun learning Donna Lee in a week!

Shouldn't you have played a solo piece to get into college in the first place?

Subjective, College is the equivalent to the American High School in some countries.
Namely mine
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H8Q_J2fIKPI

http://www.stuarthamm.net/tabs/stuart_hamm-lisf_solo2.btab

Beautiful, and not incredibly hard to play, except for when he goes crazy i nthe second half with the country ho-down stuff

the way he does moonlight sonata sounds cool, you could just work off that and come up with some of your own stuff too
6th member of "its not rape, its surprise sex" club
Theres a nice Chicken arrangement for a power trio, try it out

reeks of funk

WHOA, i misread the TC, sorry
Last edited by InvaderRen at Mar 7, 2008,
I just looked at a donna lee guitar pro transcription, holy @$@$@#$!!!! Looks like I will have to kill my social life for the next year or so to learn that piece!
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!
Rats by Pearl Jam. I've often extended the intro riff into a solo.
The Chicken by Jaco - which someone already suggested - is good too