Page 1 of 7
This band is somewhat local for me, although I've never seen them play. I heard of them because their drummer used to be in a band I saw all the time.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=9918680
The track Juggernaut Icarus Lives is amazing. For a local, unsigned, amateur band, these guys are amazing. Big Meshuggah influence. I wasnt sure which forum to put this in, if it belongs in another forum, let me know and I'll delete it.
Last edited by saxaxe at May 10, 2008,
Periphery is A MA ZING!
I really want them to release all of Juggernaut already.

PS: Racecar is the most ridiculous metal song I've ever heard.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by tomohawkjoe
Periphery is A MA ZING!
I really want them to release all of Juggernaut already.

PS: Racecar is the most ridiculous metal song I've ever heard.

Hah Im glad/surprised you've heard of em. They're basically locals for me. But yea. All of Juggernaut would be nice.
I heard of them a while back from a friend who told me to check out Insomnia, I was instantly hooked.
without fun
hope you had a good time
dudes i live close to those guys my brother knows them well. hes in a band too, oddzar, u might wanna check them out.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Meatball200
Check out their guitarist, Bulb's solo work. Awesome stuff!

**** Yes, the dude can make music.
without fun
hope you had a good time
yah, a friend showed me these guys a while ago
totally awesome stuff

bulbs an insane guitarist!
Top lel.
Guitarist is pretty talented but the vocalist just completely ruins it. Sounds way too emo.
yeah he reminded me of from first to last a little bit, like the old stuff from "dear diary, my teen angst has a body count"

but i think it fits

dont burn me for saying that please.
Top lel.
I love these guys. I also love all of Bulb's solo stuff.
"Excitement in music comes from tension in the beats. If you only offer the complex beat, people tend to only perceive it as a complex beat. If you offer the simple at the same time, there is the excitement, there is music." -Bill Bruford
been listenin to these guys for like 3 months straight now lols
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWuhIHk9Xmw
my little cover of icarus lives lol

i wish they'd come here :/ but i dont see that happening anytime soon unfortunately
bulbs such a nice guy to talk to as well which adds to the coolness factor of the band that they are all very humble etc too bad these guys arent too well known , but i see that changing when they release their new cd after they find a new singer
Loving the guitar work, not much of anything else.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by the memory
i love bulbs song "buttersnips"
its awesome

such a good song.
without fun
hope you had a good time
Quote by Meatball200
^ That's been on bulbs page for months. Are the full band now using it then?

Yeah they've recorded a full band instrumental version of the song
Myself and the rest of my band are very into them, my drummer speak to Bulb quite regularly
I absolutely love 'Next Please' even thought it's probably their least technical song
Shame Casey quit, he was an incredible vocalist (despite sounding emo at time)
ohai little sig.
I heard of these guys a while ago. Very enjoyable, I eagerly await their full length.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I've kept my eye on this band for quite some time now, the guitarist posts on some forums I used to frequent.

But their new singer is a generic metalcore scenefag and sucks absolute ass.
Discovered this band 2 days ago, pretty sick....

Vocals are odd, but listenable. Sorta like how I found Dream Theater at the beginning.
Im assuming Bulb stuff can go here too, Unleash the Pwnies sounds like Veil of Maya on steroids!

Assuming he's using his best material on the periphery album it could be a beast.
Last edited by Meatball200 at Jan 6, 2009,
Hey, anyone know were i could find a guitar pro tab of Zyglrox?

Man these guys are nuts
here you go bro. I have quite a bit of Periphery/Bulb/Keith Merrow/AAL tabs as well
Attachments:
Periphery - Zyglrox.gp5
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
So i hear they have yet another vocalist. Judging by the album sampler on their myspace he sounds KILLER!
Top lel.
Quote by Colton165
here you go bro. I have quite a bit of Periphery/Bulb/Keith Merrow/AAL tabs as well

AAL, you say?