im not rly new to bass but ive played blues for 2 yrs n ive never really gotten in to slap bass i was wondering how r u suposed to have ur action while slapin???high or low??? personal preference????
Personal preference like most things.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Personal preference. I like mine a little high though for slap. Cause if its too low, the strings start hitting against the pickups and making that popping noise. But to high and the strings dont hit the frets as much and lose some of that "slap tone." But yea, basically as low as you can go before you start hitting the pickups.
I like low action, but that's just me in general, I find it increases my speed, becuase I have to put less force into slap/pop
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I prefer low as well, as it allows you to play with less force, and therefore encouraging good technique and efficiency.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I tried slapping on a bass with pretty low action, and I didn't like it. I agree its probably easier to slap, but when it came to popping a string, it felt more difficult,a nd just plain wierd. It wasn't my bass though, and it was different. If I were used to it, it may have been more effective and improved speed or sumthin...but it was too different for me to make any improvement in the short time I played the bass.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by gm jack
I prefer low as well, as it allows you to play with less force, and therefore encouraging good technique and efficiency.

Amen!