hey guys ive been saving up for a new guitar and ive got about $650 which is enough for the epiphone silverburst that i wanted but yestureday the schecter c-1 hellraiser fr caught my eye and now im torn between the two. ive all ways wanted the les paul style but im pretty sure the hellraiser would play alot better and the blackcherry quilt top is amazing. so my question is do i go for the silver burst like i originally planned or keep saveing for the schecter

or

why do you think that the hellraiser will play a lot better?

edit: go to you local guitarshop and see if you can try them both there
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I love my Les Paul custom, I would recommend that.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
tone is subjective. I love my schecters tone more than anything in the world. I would say get the schedter imo.
The main question is- do you want EMGs(better than epi stock pickups) and an OFR?

If not, get the epi, if so get the hellraiser. Both play equally nice (don't have either but tried them in a shop)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
If you use different tunings, the gon for the Epi, if not the schecter will last longer and play better IMO, but like I said, the OFR will be a pain if you use different tunings.
The schecter has 24 frets, the Epi only 22
Pretty much if you're a diverse player go Schecter, if not, go Epi
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Last edited by Dark_Raven10 at Mar 6, 2008,
i would go with the epi. It's a very nice guitar, plays very nicely.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I own an LP myself, and I must say they they are awesome, but if you're looking for versatility and tone and low price, that HR cannot be beat. Get it. Enjoy it!
i bought an epiphone les paul custom online once, and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. it played worse.. yes. worse, then the squier I started playing with years ago. It sat in my room's corner being pretty eye candy, and I played it maybe twice.

at the very least, try before you buy.
i have a schecter c1 - plus and i love it. if you want a les paul keep savin for a gib. even tho i don't really like gibsons. the hell raiser sounds awesome, i've considered trading mine in and buying one. its a pretty good guitar if you wanna play some metal or shred somethin up. i've never been very impressed with epi's.
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
idn i just assumed shecter would be better since its a higher end guitar then epiphones, or at least i think it is?

The schecter IS better than the epiphone, and if you play metal which i assume you do from you user name the hellraiser will be better. Also; the schecter looks nicer, practically has a through neck, better pickups, IMO a better bridge and is lighter.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I bought an epiphone lp standard and went into guitar center a few weeks later fell in love with a schecter c-1+ in black cherry and made the switch. The only reason I didnt swap for a hellraiser is because of $ issues.

Schecter is amazing for the money, you wont get tired of it, especially with active pickups and all the other features.
Schecters have better build quality IMO - even though they are made in China! Get the Schecter!
ESP EC-1000
Schecter Demon
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez SZ720FM
Fender Standard Strat
BC Rich MM Warlock
Jay Turser JTB-445
Takamine Jasmine C33
Crate Blackheart 5W
Traynor T10/B
Metal Muff
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
is the hellraiser with out the OFR the same as the one with it except for the lack of the trem. i mean like same wood, pups and hardwear?

They're exactly the same aside from the OFR and difference in cost. I have the string through Hellraiser and it's hard not to hump it while playing.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Never had any problems with tuning. Stays in tune quite well. Controls are very responsive, and the switch is practically noiseless when switching from pup to pup.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
The Hellraiser will probably have a somewhat slimmer neck than the Epi and is a longer scale. All Diamond Series Schecters are made in Korea, then shipped to a US facility for further QC and setup before being sent to retailers. Don't let the Made in Korea deter you from Schecter. These are defintely well made guitars.
i went to get a black epi lp custom at guitar center

and i played it,
then i played the hellraiser

and br00tal pwnage on the epi

im still getting a epi custom tho
after i get a job FTW!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
If you use different tunings, the gon for the Epi, if not the schecter will last longer and play better IMO, but like I said, the OFR will be a pain if you use different tunings.
The schecter has 24 frets, the Epi only 22
Pretty much if you're a diverse player go Schecter, if not, go Epi

but if hes a diverse player wouldnt he use different tunings?
and not go for emgs, which arent the best for anything besides metal?