It's the first time i've ever had a guitar with a whammy bar.
Ive screwed it in but it keeps going out of tune.
And I dont get how these fine tuners work.
Can someone help me?!!
What your probably experiencing is poorly stretched out strings, New strings take a while to stretch out and trems will also complicate the matter. Firstly forget the tuning for a second and just bend the heck out of the strings, tug at them if you will or give it some trem abuse. just retune and strech untill the strings balance out and stop going out of tune. then lock off the strings and use the fine tuners to, well its obvious eh?

If the guitar is brand new the trem springs will also need to strech out a bit as the start out a bit stiff and melow out a bit with use. but you have a zr so not to worry so much about that.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
What your probably experiencing is poorly stretched out strings, New strings take a while to stretch out and trems will also complicate the matter. Firstly forget the tuning for a second and just bend the heck out of the strings, tug at them if you will or give it some trem abuse. just retune and strech untill the strings balance out and stop going out of tune. then lock off the strings and use the fine tuners to, well its obvious eh?

If the guitar is brand new the trem springs will also need to strech out a bit as the start out a bit stiff and melow out a bit with use. but you have a zr so not to worry so much about that.

I know this is going to sound stupis but...
How do I lock the strings?!
Make sure the nut is tightly locked. Use the allen key thing to tighten it up, otherwise, itf it's a tiny bit loose, it will go out of tune. Remember, REALLY tight.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
not too tight, or it will cause a crack on the back of the neck where the screw for the lock nut is, which is very common with ibanez necks
Quote by guitar12
Im gunna sound even more stupid now..
But whats the nut.

Above the first fret. The open strings !
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO