Ok, is the line 6spider valve amp much better than the spider III ones? I am looking into getting a new amp, and was thinking of getting a laney vc 30 or peavey valveking, but it would be nice to get the line 6 one coz of the direct out, also how does the line 6 valve compare to the laney and peavey?
Will try it out if my local store has them instock.
Cheers Phil
yeah they sound good but your gonna get slated
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I wasn't a big fan of the spider valve, but it's not a bad amp. I liked it more than the valveking, but the VK is not a particularly good tube amp. Lots of amps have a line out though, you shouldn't have trouble finding more options if that's a criterion.
VC30s have line outs, sort of, well because of the way the effcts loop is wired you can record straight from the send output. It doesnt cut the speaker though.

It really depends on what youre after.

If you want a mediocre valve amp with OK cleans and muddy distortion with no decent crunch go for the VK.
If you want a good valve amp with superb cleans and good low gain crunch go for the VC.

I dont know much on the Spider valve, so ill leave it at that, but theres very clear sides about this debate, some think it sounds great, others think its just a digital POS.

I'd personally stand by the all natural valve amp though.
Quote by Phil_Rocks
Ok, is the line 6spider valve amp much better than the spider III ones? I am looking into getting a new amp, and was thinking of getting a laney vc 30 or peavey valveking, but it would be nice to get the line 6 one coz of the direct out, also how does the line 6 valve compare to the laney and peavey?
Will try it out if my local store has them instock.
Cheers Phil

What stuff do you play? Then we will be able to help you.
Well for sound, i want everything, good cleans to realy heavy distortion, and looking at all the variations the line 6 has, was thinking it would be good.
Hmm..

How much do you have to spend?

Have a look at Laney's (GH50Ls - really good amps, they have nice cleans and decent distortion).
Quote by Ht666
What stuff do you play? Then we will be able to help you.

Well i play alot of stuff, from my church music (we have alot of low gain to mid gain crunch) to more heavier metal, like metalica or system.
Quote by Ht666
Hmm..

How much do you have to spend?

Have a look at Laney's (GH50Ls - really good amps, they have nice cleans and decent distortion).

Im not realy sure, was thinking about 300, but if 500 or so will get me a much more worth while amp then it will only take another week to get it.
Quote by Ht666
Here's the GH50L - from GAK.co.uk, it's a reliable site:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/gh-50l-with-el34s/374

Here's a decent cab to go with it:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm

^^ Also, a reliable site.

I've ordered items from both of these sites.

haha, im on gak atm, checking prices, i was told there not reliable to buy from buy a shopkeeper (but he may of said that so i would buy from him) i have a marshal 2x12 cab i got a long time ago, so i can use that for now.
Quote by Phil_Rocks
haha, im on gak atm, checking prices, i was told there not reliable to buy from buy a shopkeeper (but he may of said that so i would buy from him) i have a marshal 2x12 cab i got a long time ago, so i can use that for now.

I've bought several items from there. Really reliable. They arrived on time and were in perfect condition.
Quote by Ht666
I've bought several items from there. Really reliable. They arrived on time and were in perfect condition.

Ok thanks, will get stuff from there to see what its like
cheers for all the help guys, gota go.
Quote by Phil_Rocks
Well for sound, i want everything, good cleans to realy heavy distortion, and looking at all the variations the line 6 has, was thinking it would be good.

The spider valve does do everything, that's for sure. Variety is its best aspect.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Ht666
Here's the GH50L - from GAK.co.uk, it's a reliable site:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/gh-50l-with-el34s/374

Here's a decent cab to go with it:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm

^^ Also, a reliable site.

I've ordered items from both of these sites.

Haha I have the exact same head and cab, and I bought it from those exact same sites haha TC, save up and get a GH50L, since you already got a cab, you wont regret it!

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)