Poll: What do you do in such a situation?!
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you do in such a situation?!
I stay and try and forget about the heaving, sweaty fat bastard next to me
26 18%
I move away subtley, trying to appear casual
90 61%
I move away rudely, spitting at the other commuters and listening to music loudly on my phone
13 9%
I am going to post the "lol wut" pear
19 13%
Voters: 148.
Page 1 of 2
Now we've been in this situation, you get on a bus to be faced with only single seats next to often very smelly or obese people. You sit down. A couple of stops later, a pair of seats opens up, a couple of rows in front.
Should you move to the now open seats?!

On the one hand: room and comfort, WOO!
but then, does it seem rude to the person you are moving away from, as if to say "I'm sorry stranger, but I find it far too unpleasant being seated next to you so i am moving away in disgust"?

DISCUSS! I will allow for discussion of other bus related social conundrums too.
Shout "**** you fatty" then get up move to the new seat take a big wiff of the air and say "MMMMMMMM, doesn't smell like week old cheese"

EDIT: i realise that is way too rude, maybe try saying "sorry, you smell like old cheese, i'm going over there"
Last edited by maccas666 at Mar 6, 2008,
Do I know them? No? Then fuck them.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I never catch the bus, I take the train. I always sit on the luggage rack anyway, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I stand up on buses and trains. I'm usually too embarassed and shy to sit next to other people.

And considering I usually am the obese smelly one, I think I do everyone a favour by standing.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
What pisses me off is old people who sit in the aisle seat, leaving the window seat free...then moaning when you either ask them to move over or attempt to get over them.

And if it's rush hour and an old person wants my bus/tube seat - NO. I've had a tiring day, and if you choose the busiest time of day to go out in, you won't get any preferential treatment from me simply because you're older. Do your shopping/whatever in the daytime when less people are around.

/rant
no pear here

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I never catch the bus, I take the train. I always sit on the luggage rack anyway, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

Haha, i do that too
I usually stand on buses, unless there's plenty of seats.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I move.

My friend saw a guy wanking on her bus in the morning sometime last year. She had to give a statement to the police xD She manages to attract all the perverts freaks and weirdos on the bus.

Probably cos she's ginger.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

dude if a seat opens up then just move to it if u dont wanna sit next to some person....im pretty sure the didnt want you to sit next to them in the first place
Quote by xXx_mosh
*pear*

It was nice knowing you. *salute*

I usually move. I always sit near the back as they can never get that far anyway.

EDIT:
Quote by rizo299
People avoid sitting next to me untill there's no where else to go. At which point they sit at an angle that keeps me as far out of their sight as possible.

I'm so metal.

Same. I don't even wear 'metal' clothing or anything, but the fact I'm a teenager seems to frighten people.

Must be because I'm tr00 metal.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I like how 5 people voted they would also post the "lol wut" pear, but did not, hipocrits. ha jk

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
I prefer trains (they usually turn up when they're supposed to, and if they're going to be late at least the departure board will tell you).

But on any public transport I see no problem with moving to another seat that has better room.

Why should I perch one-cheeked on a seat because someone else takes up too much room?

Personally I hate sitting behind overweight people on busses because I have very long legs and they barely fit in the space busses allow anyway, so when someone is forcing the seat in front back by an extra few inches it gets really uncomfortable for me.
I love window seats so for sure im moving from the rows that face each other (the only thing you can look at is the other person sitting across from you) to the window seats.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by xXx_mosh
I like how 5 people voted they would also post the "lol wut" pear, but did not, hipocrits. ha jk

Yeah, at least you had the balls to go through with your vote. lmao.

You will probably get a warning or ban though. =[

It was in good taste though, so I think you should get a break. haha
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 6, 2008,
I havn't caught a bus since high school, they always seem to make me uneasy and angry and sometimes make me feel sick. TRAINS FTW!
I don't see whats the big deal with the pear? lol Did people just like spam with it or just find so uber annoying they felt it must be rid of, or was it jeolousy(sp?).

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Quote by xXx_mosh
I don't see whats the big deal with the pear? lol Did people just like spam with it or just find so uber annoying they felt it must be rid of, or was it jeolousy(sp?).

How the hell can you be jealous of the pear?

It's banned because the mods don't like it and they'll ban you for it because they can.
You get up and pretend to ask the driver something. Then you sit in an empty seat.
But it's not really rude. I mean, I'm not fat (just a bit overweight or chubby, and neither smelly and some times people did exactly what you said.
And no it's not that I don't know that I smell. I bath everyday, and use deodorant and perfume.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

There ya go Mosh, I follwed through with my vote
As I always say: "Rawr"
Quote by xXx_mosh

It's spam, and you can be banned for posting it.

I'd love to be able to get trains everywhere, unfortunately in order to get to the train station, I have to get the bus. I'm usually relieved when someone moves from the seat next to me, lots of room for me
Buses also smell horrible, and the seats are always dirty ><
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by zalak

There ya go Mosh, I follwed through with my vote

More power to ya lol.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
It's banned because it's never relevant. simply saying "lol wut" would also be spam. However, you can't ban words...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Kinks>Stones
What pisses me off is old people who sit in the aisle seat, leaving the window seat free...then moaning when you either ask them to move over or attempt to get over them.

And if it's rush hour and an old person wants my bus/tube seat - NO. I've had a tiring day, and if you choose the busiest time of day to go out in, you won't get any preferential treatment from me simply because you're older. Do your shopping/whatever in the daytime when less people are around.

/rant

To be perfectly honest, you're probably a fit young lad whereas the elderly are more likely to have health problems and get tired easier. Stop being an elitist dick. It's common manners to offer your seat anyway.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I can't help that there's certain people I don't like to sit next to.... usually I don't mind females or people of my age.

I don't know why.

I get anxious.

Ugh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Oooo, then I apologize greatly for any misconvience I may have caused? ha?

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Quote by OddOneOut
It's spam, and you can be banned for posting it.

Actually!
It's not spam, because spam is unwanted posting that does not relate to the thread. But since the pear was included in the vote and mentioned as being an option for posting in the thread, it is now relevant to the thread and is technically not spam.

Edit:
But technically, all the people talking about the pear being posted are spamming.
Including me.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by Dinkydaisy
To be perfectly honest, you're probably a fit young lad whereas the elderly are more likely to have health problems and get tired easier. Stop being an elitist dick. It's common manners to offer your seat anyway.

+1
It's like not giving your seat to a woman with a baby.
For me, it's an honor rather than "a thing that I have to do so I don't look like an ass".
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i always take an empty pair of sits,listening music really loud with headphones.So,when i see that people are coming on the bus i start a light headbanging and noone sits near me so i have the space i want
Move away. Who cares? They probably don't want to sit next to you either...
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by xXx_mosh
Oooo, then I apologize greatly for any misconvience I may have caused? ha?

I suggest you delete the pear before its too late.
^Why should we? :P

Also, so this isn't spam, I would probably just move, but I don't know because I live in the US and where I'm at I don't need a bus/train..
As I always say: "Rawr"
Quote by maccas666
I suggest you delete the pear before its too late.

Sorry, what's done is done, and I am a man of my word and i voted that, I would indeed post said pear, but on topic, I would probably just push their fatass and then move to the empty seat, it's polite enough, yes?

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
The worst to happen is when the bus is full and you go to sit next to someone and they sort of give you a look of "you're a lower being than me" if you get me.

Maybe that's just me
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by Dyers
dude if a seat opens up then just move to it if u dont wanna sit next to some person....im pretty sure the didnt want you to sit next to them in the first place

i agree
+1 for this dude
Quote by urik
+1
It's like not giving your seat to a woman with a baby.

That I would have no trouble doing, in fact I do that quite a lot.

I have no trouble giving up my seat to an old person at all - unless it's rush hour....then it's everyone for themselves.
Page 1 of 2