I got an Ec-500 guitar and I'm not really feelin the emg 81/60.. yeah. So any recommendations for some metalcore pickups?
Seymour Duncan Blackouts?
Meant to blow EMG's out of the water.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Amp pl0x.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
If you like metalcore and the EMG 81 doesn't do it for you, you're either doing something really wrong or you need a new amp.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Well it's a ****ty Ibanez so that may be the problem but I'm also looking into some Black Outs.
Get a new amp. New pickups aren't going to make a shitty amp sound good.

Price range?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
you might wanna try an emg 85 in the bridge...it will be thicker sounding...both AILD and Killswitch Engage use the 85 in the bridge.
Gibson Special Faded SG with EMG 81 in the bridge
Peavey 6505
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Maxon OD 808
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tu-2 Chromatic tuner
Boss Ph-3 Phase Shifter
Quote by Hella_Br00tal
Well it's a ****ty Ibanez so that may be the problem but I'm also looking into some Black Outs.

A new amp will make the most difference in your tone. Save up...
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a new amp. New pickups aren't going to make a shitty amp sound good.

Price range?

Well I have 800 bucks so now after seeing some responses I should just get a better amp, though my f-50 still sounds better than my ec-500 dirty-wise.. and i got the f-50 for 100 bucks and the ec-500 for 630.. hmm
So...You just have a ****ty Ibanez practice amp? When people are asking about your amp, you usually tell them the model number. The brand name doesn't always mean it's good or bad.

Anyway, you problem is most likely your amp, and 800 bucks would go a long way towards a nicer amp.

Your amp is more influential than pickups in your signal chain, when it comes to your tone. I'd say around 70% of your tone. So if you have a ****ty amp, that's the weak spot in your signal chain.

What country do you live in? US?
Quote by forsaknazrael
So...You just have a ****ty Ibanez practice amp? When people are asking about your amp, you usually tell them the model number. The brand name doesn't always mean it's good or bad.

Anyway, you problem is most likely your amp, and 800 bucks would go a long way towards a nicer amp.

Your amp is more influential than pickups in your signal chain, when it comes to your tone. I'd say around 70% of your tone. So if you have a ****ty amp, that's the weak spot in your signal chain.

What country do you live in? US?

Haha, well yeah it's some ibanez practice amp thing.. I was considering http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-HD150-Guitar-Amp-Head-Spider-III-412-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=485062 this as my new amp.. because too be honest :p I don't trust Craig's List or Ebay for buying you know a peavey 5150 or anythin sooo.. yeah.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Bad idea. Bad amp.

Why don't you trust craigslist or eBay? I've bought all of my gear used, if I didn't build it myself.

Check out the Randall RG50TC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4DUQf8YaIQ
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=randall+RG50TC&search_type=

Holy ****.. I just fell in love I think, that amp is awesome! Thank you o____o..

Well I had this one half stack.. won't say the name because it's hated here ;p, which was ordered from Craig's List, guy said it was pretty much brand new, but when it got here it wouldn't play. took it to a music store and guess it had been broken for a while had something to do with most likely being kicked.. i dunno confusing stuff. Fixed it but it still goes off and on randomly..

This may sound stupid but I love that rg50 amp but I don't like how it's just a combo i like half-stacks full stacks so.. yes extremely ignorant i know but o yeah haha, any recommendations for that?
Well, for one thing, they have a head version, check it out.

Secondly, it's a tube amp. It's 50 watts. It's freakin' loud. Deafeningly loud - and that is by no means an exaggeration. There will be little to no difference in volume between a 50 watt tube combo and a 50 watt tube half stack. If you know how to EQ an amp right, a combo can get damn heavy.

And I don't get why you ordered an amp off craigslist, I always go out and try them out first.
eBay is a different thing, but you just REALLY have to be smart about it. Check prior listings that finished, check his feedback thoroughly, pay through a secure method, etc, etc...
y is your name Hella_Br00tal, metalcore is not brutal at all :P
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10