So my housemates and I dj at this club (Radar in Nottingham btw) and well.. although they're all pretty banging i'm only alright at it really. So I thought i'd just ask you all what songs you'd like to hear when you're out and any reccomendations for songs that you play when you're djing.

mostly we just stick to newish plectro stuff like MGMT, Foals, Metronomy, The Field, Vampire weekend to new wave/romantics bands like Duran Duran, ABC, Flock of seagulls

but any suggestions are appreciated
Quote by bobjewell87
So my housemates and I dj at this club (Radar in Nottingham btw) and well.. although they're all pretty banging i'm only alright at it really. So I thought i'd just ask you all what songs you'd like to hear when you're out and any reccomendations for songs that you play when you're djing.

mostly we just stick to newish plectro stuff like MGMT, Foals, Metronomy, The Field, Vampire weekend to new wave/romantics bands like Duran Duran, ABC, Flock of seagulls

but any suggestions are appreciated

Actually, thats probably pretty spot on, I mean it's usually the most danceable and energetic. I would personally like some of Of Montreal's latest and maybe some of Why?'s latest effort (Fatalist Palmistry in specifica). I don't know. Honestly, also check out Final Fantasy's new song 'What Do You Think Will Happen Next'. It's super synthy and dancey.

Honestly though, that's the stuff I would probably dance to most man. If I ever go to Nottingham, I'll make sure to visit.
Don't know if it's exactly what you're going for, but The Tough Alliance are kind of synthy/dancey. Like this?
hm, i'd love to be an electro DJ, so i recomend electro sutff.. justice, simian mobile disco, daft punk, mr oizo, mstrkrft, etc.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Ah, I forgot about electro.

All the stuff Sponj posted is gold. And Possibly Ratatat as well? Their song 17 years would be perfect.
I always **** about with Traktor on this laptop and as I've not got much music on it I generally play these six or seven tracks (in no particular order) and it always pumps me up...

DJ Shadow - Six Days
Amon Tobin - Triple Science
Devo - Uncontrollable urge
OOO - Solid Metal Attache
Bloc Party - Flux (metal on metal remix)
Snake & Jet's Amazing Bullit Band - X-Ray
Add N to (X) - Barry 7's Contraption
Utica Club - The Utica Club Natural Carbonation Beer Drinking Song

Not all of those would really fit in to what you're playing but definitely shove in 'Uncontrollable urge'.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I'm just getting into this stuff, i love justice and daft punk-ish stuff. Im thinking about buying an SP-303 off ebay and giving it a shot.
Quote by Shine On...
And Possibly Ratatat as well? Their song 17 years would be perfect.

Yeahyeahyeah! Most definitely.

Also, you could throw in some Cassius, Russian Futurists, Junior Senior, Peaches, the Knife, the Go! Team, LCD Soundsystem, and maybe even some Gang Of Four. "Not Great Men" is suuuuper danceable.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Yeahyeahyeah! Most definitely.

Also, you could throw in some Cassius, Russian Futurists, Junior Senior, Peaches, the Knife, the Go! Team, LCD Soundsystem, and maybe even some Gang Of Four. "Not Great Men" is suuuuper danceable.

Totally. Peaches would work well.