I bought a randall RG50TC a few months ago, I like it, but it just doesn't have the tone I want, & the cleans aren't brilliant. I've been thinking about buying a high end high gain amp, I'm considering the Framus Cobra & the Mesa Triple Rectifier, the Cobra is allot cheaper over here, can anyone give me anymore suggestions or info?
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
I would take a Cobra over a Triple Rec any day. If your in Europe, look at Laboga amps.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
ENGL amps are amazing for high gain. Check out the Powerball.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Kendall
I would take a Cobra over a Triple Rec any day. If your in Europe, look at Laboga amps.

+1

I've never had any personal experience with Framus but anyone that I've ever talked to said that their amps are amazing. I'm really not into Mesa's all that much myself, so I'd say go with the Cobra.
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
ENGL amps are amazing for high gain. Check out the Powerball.
Just been watching some vids, I as much as I love the tone from the powerball I do like the cobra tone more.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
^ Yeah but its ****.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
It's not got very good tone, & I wouldn't say it's very high gain at all.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
I think it's good for the price range. Of course it doesn't do jack compared to stuff like Engl
Framus Cobra and a Framus Cab.... unless you can afford Mesa's UK prices...which are absurd....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
only thing ive heard about cobras is that the customer support.. basically there isnt one LOL so if your near a amp repairer dude then yeah why not =]
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
maybe try the traynor head that is out, the 100h or something, that thing looks pretty intense
if you go for the Framus Cobra, try to get the cobra cab with it, or something closed back with greenbacks, non OS. The greenies seem to compliment it really well. They won't accentuate the high end fizz like a V30 can, and they still stay sharp in the lowend, since it's such a tight amp to begin with. Their breakup adds a really nice organic "woody" quality to the tone too.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Axeman99
^ Yeah but its ****.

Have you played it? I thought it sounded awesome for the price... I would definately NOT call it ****.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+1

I've never had any personal experience with Framus but anyone that I've ever talked to said that their amps are amazing. I'm really not into Mesa's all that much myself, so I'd say go with the Cobra.

Meh they are good, but keep in mind they are Recto ripoffs in a way.

Not to mention Framus build quality sucks d*ck, especially compared to Mesa's, which is some of the best