Hello everyone, I've just learned leaving on a jetplane, my first song
Now, me being me, I have an unquenchable thirst for more.

So, does anyone know of some easy, 3 or 4 chord songs?

~ Thanks!
Capt. Panda
Alot of acoustic songs are 3 or 4 chords. losing my religion by REM is an easy one, About a Girl by Nirvana has 5 chords, but its reeally easy. And just about all Green Day stuff before Warning or American Idiot is only 3 or four chords.
Aus Rotten - **** Nazi Sympathy
(whoa you're the first belgian i ever saw here, wonder why i'm speaking english to you lol)
It may be a bit more challenging than most 3/4 chord songs but a good song to move onto would be Little By Little by Oasis, amazing song.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Wow, thanks for the quick replies, these songs oughta keep me busy for a while. Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the tabs losing my religion has quite a few chords

Oh, and @ L!(-A-)M: Hai, Flanders or Wallon (not shure I spelled em right, but you get the point) ?
The following songs can all be played using four chords: G, C, D and Em:
all along the watchtower - hendrix
candle in the wind - elton john
heroes - david bowie
i'm a believer - the monkees
livin' on a prayer - bon jovi
no woman, no cry - bob marley
romeo and juliet - dire straits
sweet home alabama - lynyrd skynyrd
take it easy - the eagles
the times they are a-changing - bob dylan
waterloo - abba
wonderful tonight - eric clapton
yellow submarine - the beatles.
You may be able to pick a few out there that you like, but you'll probably need to figure out the strumming patterns,
good luck and keep it up.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
Hey, and welcome to your journey to being a great musician!

A nice, grunge-type song that sounds great is 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by nirvana. Just get the tab, learn the 4 power chords (they're easy, they're really close together) and that's pretty much it. Oh, and you have to mute the strings at one point. Either rest your hand gently, without and force on the frets whatsoever, to create a sound where only strumming (no actualy melody) is heard or just type in on YouTube 'How to mute strings - Guitar'.

Hope this helps, bye!
Check out Gordon Lightfoot they don't call him 4 chord Gord for nothin...
Most of his stuff is 3- 4chord with the occasional weird chord thrown in. It will really help you with chord change practice.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
The Animals "The House of the Rising Sun" that is an awesome sounding song and its really simple to play, like 4 or 5 chords, if you search youtube there's a dude on there who has got a really good tutorial to play that song.

Marilyn Manson "Sweet Dreams" it's a pretty simple song.
Queen "We Are the Champions"

And I know some more but it's late and I seem to have lost my thinking power...

But Congrats on learning your first song, Good luck and keep on Rockin!!
good riddance is easy if you strum the whole thing and don't pick it at all ><
a few kinda easy songs is ... Oasis - Wonderwall and Coldplay - The Scientist .. both are pretty simple once you get the strumming pattern .. oh and america - horse with no name only has TWO CHORDS !!!
If you looking to sing as well.. consider Mrs Robinson - Simon and Garfunkel, Coldplay- clocks, Every rose has it's thorn - Posion
Somewhere out there - Our Lady Peace (sorry 5 chords, but the 5th is only there a couple times)

Hate Me - Blue October (5th chord added couple times)

Home - Daughtry

Far Behind - Candlebox

Run - Collective Soul