Yeah, I've posted a couple of threads were I ask about different guitars and such now, and I know that it's my desicion and that I not should buy a guitars because of that others say that and such bla bla bla... But I ask because I want to know if there's any problems and bad-quality issues with the guitars I'm thinking of and if there any that's much better than the other etc.

The guitars I have been thinking of and that's in my price-range was about five, but know I have cut it down to two:

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Ltd EC-1000 (with duncans)

I love Les Paul-guitars (or guitars in that style like the ESP Eclipse) and don't want any other than that one, like Strats or SG.

Now I just need as much advise as possible that can help me choose. There's some time left before I will buy one, but I want to be sure of wich guitar I want then. And of course I will try it in the store as long time as I can before I'll buy it.

That was all for me, I think.
Gibson Les Paul studios are not worth the money. They have severe tuning problems, might as well spend more on a custom.
I just plain don't like studios. I think they're horrible, the sound, the feel, everything.

EDIT: Alos, don't buy a guitar for its shape unless you've got money to burn, that's probably the worst thing you can do.
You could probably get a Flying V for the same price as a Studio, not only do they play better, but they sound a hell of alot nicer.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Last edited by Ichimaru at Mar 6, 2008,
How long have you been playing? Gibsons are very touchy and not easy on beginners. You can get a MIJ Fat strat and a 25w Frontman and has some money left over for other stuff instead of a Gibson, or maybe go with a Epi but make sure you play the crap out of the Epi, they have quality issues, Gibsons not so much. I say go with the Fat Strat because its pretty versitle in compare to the standard which has 3 single coil P/U which has a blues, kind of less agressive sound, and the LP with two humbukers and a more clasic rock sound. The HSS set-up on the fat strat has 2 single and 1 Humbucker and you can get somewhat best of both worlds. So it depends of the tone you are going for.
First of all don't listen to those that are bashing the Les Paul Studio. The quality is fine and sound is always a matter of opinion. I buy/sell/play LOTS of Les Pauls and I can't say that I've witnessed or heard of any tuning problems specific to the Studio. That said, I do believe there are better values out there if you're into the Les Paul shape. The Les Paul BFG's are terrific guitars. I thought they were just a gimmick until I tried one, but I was so impressed that I kept it as my everyday guitar. You can pick one of those up at Musicians Friend for $960 I believe. I also really like the feel of the ESP EC-1000, but the only one I've plugged in an amp had the EMG pickups and it seemed to sound a little "thin" to me...again that's just a matter of opinion and could have been anything from my ears, to a bad cable, crappy amp, etc. I've also seen several Hagstrom and Fernandes models in the Les Paul shape and have been really impressed with the quality of the Hagstroms. The Epiphone Zak Wylde Les Pauls are very nice for the money and sound great. You can pick one of those up on Ebay for around $400. I've owned 2 of them and was very impressed with both.

Good luck and don't listen to those who bash the LP Studio, it's a quality guitar for a moderately OK price.
Dude seriously don't listen to anybody else. Here it goes.

I go to guitar center and samash about every weekend, guitar center to play gibson and schecter, then samash for the ESP/Ltd and ibanez. I recently just bought a Ltd M-1000, and couldn't be happier with it, but as far as the eclipse goes...

SAVE YOUR MONEY, and don't waste it on an LTD EC-1000. I think I know what one your talking about, the sunburst with duncans, it looks awesome and plays awesome. I've played almost every guitar ESP has to offer, and seen the rest at NAMM this year. I'm not dissin it, because it's awesome for the price...

But the ESP Eclipse II is so much better. It has better everything. Seriously, it comes straight from the custom shop and is handmade like a freakin Lambo. And you can tell. While the Eclipse II only has 22 frets, it plays and sound so much better. The only turnoff is the price at 1500 i think...but the electronics, tuners, fretboard, binding, everything is better.

And Les Pauls, don't waste your money on a studio, they're dissapointing compared the rest of the Gibson family. I recently played one and was turned away. Just wasn't even close to the customs or any of the Eclipses, the tone was so messy.

So good luck and I hope this helps. GO ESP!
Last edited by xXChimairaXx at Mar 6, 2008,
I'm going to be an arse and suggest you upgrade your amp. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is a pretty good guitar from my experience, if you get it set up and a pickup change you'll get a great guitar for a reasonable price.

If you put the money towards a higher quality amp (I won't make any suggestions, I don't know what you want to play) you'll find it's the better investment.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Ichimaru
I just plain don't like studios. I think they're horrible, the sound, the feel, everything.

EDIT: Alos, don't buy a guitar for its shape unless you've got money to burn, that's probably the worst thing you can do.
You could probably get a Flying V for the same price as a Studio, not only do they play better, but they sound a hell of alot nicer.

I haven't liked the Strats or SGs I've tried, the V is too uncomfartable when sitting and I hate the looks of them. And I think it's not a good idea to buy a guitar that you're not happy while playing. I'm not going to buy a guitar because of that I like the shape, it's the feel (and of course, the sound) of it. (My Epi LP Standard felt totally right the first time I played it.)

And of course I must try the guitars more before i decide, maybe I hate the Studio?

Quote by roythereaper
I'm going to be an arse and suggest you upgrade your amp. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is a pretty good guitar from my experience, if you get it set up and a pickup change you'll get a great guitar for a reasonable price.

If you put the money towards a higher quality amp (I won't make any suggestions, I don't know what you want to play) you'll find it's the better investment.

I have a VOX AD30VT now, to play at home it's more than enough. Maybe upgrade to a bigger one if I start playing in a band. But I don't think I need a new one at the moment.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Mar 6, 2008,