I've had this jaw problem going on for about 3 years, each year getting a little worse.
I certainly have TMJ because my jaw is inclined to the right side of my face (not by much but my mouth gives a bad jaw apearance) but when I open fully my mouth, the jaw deviates to the right and is very noticable.
I also suffer from disturbance at both sides of the jaw, and I feel pressure on the sides. Sometimes my ears hurt and most of the time my right ear is blocked and I hear less than my left ear. Even when it isn't blocked my left ear hears more.
When I eat my jaw feels tired and tense and that's why I haven't chewed gum for about 2 years.

This is the deal, my parents tell me it ain't no big deal because my older brother had that problem when he was really young (about 5 years old) and when he aged 15 his problem disappeared. I have been having this problem for about 3 years and i'm 16 now. I can't imagine when this problem will go away (if it does by itself like my parents say) but i'm very worried that it will just keep growing and the deviation will be more noticable each year.

Is there any solution to this problem? Doctors told me it's nothing that big to worry about and they told me that it'd go away and the fact that it deviated is because I grind my teeth a lot during the night. They told me to do some massages so it can help relax, but I didn't notice any changes since i've been doing the massages at the sides.

My jaw is really disturbing, and it probably gets in my nerves over 70% of each day.
When I wake up the sides of my jaw are really tense and sometimes it hurts.
During the day, instead of closing my mouth fully I open it slightly so it doesn't look as if my jaw is bad positioned (because obviously it's not attractive) and I close my lips while my jaw is slightly opened. I'm not sure if opening my mouth slightly will increase the tension and will make my jaw develop more problems because of the force of keeping my mouth opened during almost all day...

I'd like to know if anything really bad could happen for not treating my jaw deviation, please let me know.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
try wrenching it really hard to the left.....it might be worth a shot. not hard enough to break it, but hard enough to realign some stuff
See a doctor!!! My friend has just had it done and it was pretty badly deviated and they had to brake his jaw and realine it and boy is he paying for it now! He is really sore and his face has swelled up like a balloon.
The Snaggle Toothed Pirate
Aw man i totally read the title as

"Jew Trouble"

You got me all excited for nothing...
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
For those who say see a doctor:

I've seen 3 diffrent doctors and they all responded diffrently:

1. Said I have a jaw deviation and that it will correct itself if you use one of those things to not grind your teeth during night. Said I don't have any serious problem

2. Said I have jaw deviation and that I need to get rid of stress because it's a factor along with teeth grinding, and said that it will correct itself by doing massages and using that jaw thing to not grind teeth

3. Said my jaw is deviated and that it's because my closed mouth is not healthy positioned, said I need to get braces at the bottom teeth to correct the closed mouth position. (I really doubt it'll correct my jaw if they correct my teeth, my jaw is deviated how will correcting my teeth correct my deviated jaw?)

Yeah, they all said it wouldn't progress but I noticed prgression each year for the passed 3 years...
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by original_idiot
Aw man i totally read the title as

"Jew Trouble"

You got me all excited for nothing...

+1
I am wearing new contact lenses for the first time in my life so I read the title as "Jew problem".