I just received a warning over msn about an email address, it says if you add it, it will hack your account, and then proceed to hack your contacts emails, I was just wondering, is that even possible? Because if it does have a chain-reaction sort of effect wouldnt it pretty much have already hacked alot of people, or is this one of those annoying chainmail messages
Quote by Gory Snake
I just received a warning over msn about an email address, it says if you add it, it will hack your account, and then proceed to hack your contacts emails, I was just wondering, is that even possible? Because if it does have a chain-reaction sort of effect wouldnt it pretty much have already hacked alot of people, or is this one of those annoying chainmail messages

There are fake email addresses. I'm not sure how bad they are but I once added one, almost immediately after adding realised it was a fake and deleted it and blocked it. It caused no damage so I dunno.
A few years ago there were things like that, you accepted the file and then they said something weird in all of your conversation windows.
Quote by Jackolas
Be careful accepting random images over MSN too!

I know, that's how I got a virus
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by maccas666
If you do get a virus, SYSTEM RESTORE FTW!

Does system restore delete everything on your pc?
'OMG LOL THIS COMPLETELY INNOCUOUS PICTURE SAVED AS A .EXE FILE LOOKS TOTALLY LIKE YOU!'

*clicks*

MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
A few years ago there were things like that, you accepted the file and then they said something weird in all of your conversation windows.

Yeah, a couple of friends tried sending me files, I just blocked them. I got the idea that it was a virus cause this guy I know sent me a file saying "Are these pictures too racy for myspace?" and 1: He doesn't have a myspace and 2: hes REALLY ugly.
No, It just takes your computer "Back in time" Sort of, you usually lose all files saved up until that date, but save what you need to disc after virus checking it, if its important or some file recovery software can do it, but I expect the disc way is safer.
It takes the system back to before the virus had got in, some virus` however, can stop this and work backwards if there smart.
Quote by DTOE
'OMG LOL THIS COMPLETELY INNOCUOUS PICTURE SAVED AS A .EXE FILE LOOKS TOTALLY LIKE YOU!'

*clicks*

almost happened to me, then I realised id blocked that person months before,so something fishy was goin on

SO THE DAY WAS SAVED
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by Gory Snake
Does system restore delete everything on your pc?

Nope, it restores your computer to your last known safe settings, like takes your settings back a couple of days.