Page 1 of 2
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/03/06/mideast/index.html

Damn, will it ever end?

I'm not sure about the details so far. They're figuring out if it was terrorism or another random campus shooter thing.

Edit: It seems to be perpetrated by terrorists at this point. Whether or not thats a relieving thing, your decide.

Hopefully some Israeli UGers can fill us in.
Last edited by Mr. President at Mar 6, 2008,
It's alost been glamourised, this school shooting fad.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
It's alost been glamourised, this school shooting fad.

when will these kids ever find something else to do in their spare time?
shooting your peers is bad m,kay
*Waits for the debaters to come over and start another "Media cause it/media didn't do ****" debate"*

This stuff really sickens me, and scares me a bit. What the hell are we heading for? What is gonna happen in the next generation?
Quote by sum_ugly_man
*Waits for the debaters to come over and start another "Media cause it/media didn't do ****" debate"*

This stuff really sickens me, and scares me a bit. What the hell are we heading for? What is gonna happen in the next generation?

I'm waiting for the "Guns shouldn't be legalised/Guns don't kill, people do" debate which gets out of hand and gets closed by a raging mod.
No, it's not a "school shooting", it's an Arab terrorist shooting up a Jewish school
And now they're thinking about banning toy guns, and they're keeping the ****ing real ones
They shot up a jewish school?

We're just waiting for some asshole to come in here and say "hip hip"
Revenge attack. Not at all surprising.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Another day, another school shooting...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
A friend of mine is going to an American university next year. I'll buy him a bullet proof vest when he leaves.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I swear there's been at least one every month for the last 3 or 4 months.
these things are glamorized by the media. on msn after Virginia Tech, they had a ranking of the most deaths due to shootings, like VT in first place, Columbine near 4th, etc. its terrible.
Quote by Meths
Revenge attack. Not at all surprising.

Ghastly oversimplified, but whatever.. this isn't the political thread
And now they're thinking about banning toy guns, and they're keeping the ****ing real ones
Great! The arabs find a new way to piss me off every day!

PS:I go to school that's 90% arab and 70% of those arabs are muslims....yay.
This one's different, it was a militant attack by some psycho Palestinians. Not a "regular" school shooting.

Quote by arguy337
Ghastly oversimplified, but whatever.. this isn't the political thread

*shrugs*

That's pretty much what it was.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Mike!
Great! The arabs find a new way to piss me off every day!

PS:I go to school that's 90% arab and 70% of those arabs are muslims....yay.

Your gonna get beheaded
Right, I didn't see a thread here last week when the Isreali army killed about 55 civilians.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
There are millions of schools. School shootings are unbelievably rare no matter how much you think they do occur. Everytime one happens it seems they get on the media. It is getting ridiculous. This one isn't going to change anything, just like the others don't. Humans are completely normal. If you think we are heading somewhere we haven't been already, you are just being ignorant. The only reason things seem bad now is because the media loves to report on stuff like this.

1 million people land on this Earth everyday. When 8 people were killed, that was only 0.0008 or so of the new population everyday. So many people now, every just seems like a statistic. Only guarantee you have when you are born is that you will die, when people wake up and realize that, the world will be 100x better.
It's a Terrorist act by some organization I forgot the name of... Hamas called it retribution for what the IDF has done in Gaza, and is already celebrating... but may they not worry. Israeli retribution for killing 8 of our citzens is coming their way.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Moggan13
Your gonna get beheaded

Hey look, they're already at my doorstep with the sabre! See ya, UG!
Quote by sleepwalker16
It's a Terrorist act by some organization I forgot the name of... Hamas called it retribution for what the IDF has done in Gaza, and is already celebrating... but may they not worry. Israeli retribution for killing 8 of our citzens is coming their way.

Did you not think the 120 you've already killed this week is enough pre-emptive retribution? Or are the lives of Palestinians so unimportant to you that they don't register?

Everybody watch the news over the next few days. See how many children mighty and good Israel decides to obliterate as "punishment".

Because this was a shooting, they can't even do teh usual thing of levelling the neighbourhood that the rocket was fired from. This time they actually just are going to blow up neighbourhoods that they think people from the same organisation are in.

It doesn't seem to occur to either side that they're actually retaliating against retaliations.

Except Israel is punishing a people for the actions of a group of people who aren't elected by the people (most rockets aren't fired by Hamas) and the Palestinians are killing the people who democratically elected those who are waging a war against Palestine.

Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by sleepwalker16
Israeli retribution for killing 8 of our citzens is coming their way.

You are a fucking idiot.
^Retribution by getting the ones responsible for it, idiots.

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by sleepwalker16
^Retribution by getting the ones responsible for it, idiots.

The man responsible for it is already dead. The only people Israel will kill will be be one or two people also involved and a block load of civilians.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Mike!
Hey look, they're already at my doorstep with the sabre! See ya, UG!

Man, seriously, we better stop with the Islamic Jokes. They'll be demonstations in London about us soon...
-Don't forget that the guy that did it is a part of some organization...

From what I just read in an Israeli scoops website:
The terrorist entered the library, and started shooting for 4 minutes until one of the attenders of that place killed him (Itzhak Dadon).
I don't know how he killed him. But in Israel having a gun isn't a weird thing. So my guess is that he shot the terrorist.

EDIT:
Yup, he shot him twice.

יצחק דדון, אברך בישיבה שירה במחבל סיפר לוואלה! חדשות: "הייתי בבית המדרש, שמענו צרורות, עברתי דרך חלון שפונה לספרייה, דרכתי את האקדח, עליתי על הגג מעל לספרייה, המחבל יצא ועמד ליד הדלת, יריתי בו שני כדורים בראש. הוא היה לבוש אפוד וקלצ'ניקוב ביד, http://news.walla.co.il/?w=//1245521 (המשך בוואלה

"Itzhak Dadon, student of the seminary told to "Walla!" news:
"I was in the seminary, we heard bursts, I passed over a window that leads to the library, I cocked my gun, I stood over the roof of the library, the terrorist went out and stood next to the door, and I shot him twice in the head. He wore a vest, and a Kalasnikov (AK-47) in his hand. "
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by urik

I don't know how he killed him. But in Israel having a gun isn't a weird thing. So my guess is that he shot the terrorist.

2 shots to the head.

More scoops:

בספריה ישבו בתחילת הארוע, כ-25 לומדים. חלקם נשואים, חלקם בוגרים
וחלקם נערים מישל"צ. המחבל רצח על הפתח 2 תלמידים ואחד בצד על פתח
חדר ראש הישיבה. באותן שניות, כ-15 לומדים בורחים לחדר צדדי בספריה,
נועלים את הדלת ונשכבים בשקט בחושך. באולם נותרים המומים 5 תלמידים
וגם הם נרצחים על ידי המחבל הבודד, הוא רוצח אותם די בקלות וחוזר ויורה
בהם בקריז, כשהם כבר מתים. אז הוא יוצא למרפסת הספריה ושם הוא חוטף
ירי מ-2 מקורות. אחד ע"י יצחק דדון והשני מדוד שפירא.

"In the library there sat at the beginning of the event, like 25 students. Part of them married, part of them adults, and part of them teens from (no idea what the initials mean). The terrorist murdered from the entrance two students, and one at the side of the entrance. In those seconds, like 15 students escape to a room annexed to the library and lock the door, and lye down. In the library are stuck 5 students, and they too are killed by the terrorist. He shoots them superficially, and then frenetically shoots them when they are already dead. He goes out to the balcony of the library and there he gets shot from two sources. One "Itzhak Dadon", and the other one "David Shapira"."
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

This whole thing just makes me feel ****ty.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Page 1 of 2