Ok, so I just learned how to play Laid To Rest by Lamb of God (yes, i know, not their best song, and it's overrated for GH2, blah blah). I learned how to play it in 10 months time, all self taught. Would my fellow UG'ers consider that a big achievement for a 10 monther, or is that common? I'd like to know... BTW I forgot to clarify, but i learned the SONG in about a day. Ive been PLAYING for 10 months

THANKS
If your life was a song, would you sing my name?
Last edited by MordancyRhythm at Mar 6, 2008,
wow? it took you ten months to learn that song?
it took me like ten minutes lol
but if youre new(er) to the guitar then thats pretty cool man
I remember when I started out it took me like three weeks to play the iron man solo
He came, He played guitar, he kicked some ass Dimebag Darrell 1966 to 2004
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
I have no idea what that song is. If you are asking, it's either cause it's a hard song or you are lying.

Lolage.

I don't lie . At least i think i dont...
well lets see.... laid to rest isnt a very hard song to learn and 10 months is a pretty long time to learn that...how long have you been playing guitar?
Quote by profmcnasty
well lets see.... laid to rest isnt a very hard song to learn and 10 months is a pretty long time to learn that...how long have you been playing guitar?

10 months...guess I didn't clarify good at all lol. I've confused 3 people haha. I edited my first post though
OH i thought it took you 10 months to learn the song!! haha that'd be crazy

but anyway yah thats not bad
How well can you play it?

I can easily site read tablature and have what comes out sound nothing like the song, but I'm playing all the notes included in it.
I can tell you that your full of shyt.I want to see a video or GTFO cause you're a stupid liar.BTW even if you did that is a ****ty achievement nut more like a sorry excuse for 10 months.
^^^ u know i kinda agree...its seems abit too out there to only have 10 months of experience and learn it in one day....and it also depends on how clean he can play it and whether he can play the whole thing through w/ little mistake...

maybe the guy played like 3 hours a day everyday??? idk
Quote by The User Name
I can tell you that your full of shyt.I want to see a video or GTFO cause you're a stupid liar.BTW even if you did that is a ****ty achievement nut more like a sorry excuse for 10 months.

People can be that good...I practiced alot everyday for 10 months because I wanted to pursue my friend. He's been playing for 1 year and 2 months and can play Cowboys from Hell all the way through (yes, solo). We just play alot, didnt meant to make you blow your lid bro.
This doesn't really belong here: just worry about getting better, not how people on the internet will rate you.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out