Hello, UG!
So, I'm thinking of buying a new Strat because I don't like my current pup setup, HSS.
This will be an SSS instead, but this is because I was afraid I couldn't change to SSS on my current strat because it was carved for HSS, so the single coil wouldn't fit in the bridge.
But then something crossed my mind - maybe it DOES fit somehow?
Now does it? How will this affect the sound on my single coil pickup since it will be in a larger hole?
Maybe it's better to just buy a new Strat with SSS config.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
you dont have to buy a whole new guitar. just buy a SSS pickguard and a bridge single coil and your fine. and BTW, your guitar is already routed for HSH so there wouldnt be any differnece of the pickups sound from the wood
NOPE
Quote by Hultan
Hello, UG!
So, I'm thinking of buying a new Strat because I don't like my current pup setup, HSS.
This will be an SSS instead, but this is because I was afraid I couldn't change to SSS on my current strat because it was carved for HSS, so the single coil wouldn't fit in the bridge.
But then something crossed my mind - maybe it DOES fit somehow?
Now does it? How will this affect the sound on my single coil pickup since it will be in a larger hole?
Maybe it's better to just buy a new Strat with SSS config.

like said buy the SSS guard and put the single in the bridge. dont worry about "missing" wood.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Would my S1 switching still work though?
Not that I care much about it since I never use it... Maybe I will once I get rid of the ****ing humbucker...
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Would my S1 switching still work though?
Not that I care much about it since I never use it... Maybe I will once I get rid of the ****ing humbucker...

if you wire it up right it would.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Oh okay, well ofcourse I won't do it myself I will have a professional do it for me.
Is it worth maybe to switch out all my pickups (2 tex mex single coils, and a diamond humbucker) into 3 handwound single coils?
This guy will wind them up: http://www.servatronic.se/english/index.htm
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
It should work fine, both the pickups and switch if it is done correctly. A local shop swaps pickups here for about $20-$30 US. I am sure you can find pick ups in the classified section of the web site.
You could try it yourself. You'd save 30 bucks and it's really not that hard. It's a good skill to have really.
Quote by lemonsquares42
You could try it yourself. You'd save 30 bucks and it's really not that hard. It's a good skill to have really.

I'd get good at soldering first and then make sure I understood wiring diagrams before I did something to my guitar.

Although I do agree that he should learn to do it himself.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Nah, who cares about 30 bucks... that's just a few meals on burger king or avoiding a whole lotta work...
He will wind my pickups too.

EDIT: Sure, it'd be fun to learn but I rather just play the guitar :p
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard