I have no idea what any of the knobs on my guitar do, I know which ones control the tone of the individual pup, but I don't know what the other ones do. My type of guitar- Al-2000 Would anyone mind MS painting a quick arrow and label on one of the pictures. I may sound like an idiot, but thanks sooo much for helping me. Thanks in advance- Bentheemo
I don't have Paint, but I'll see what I can do.

There are two volume and two tone knobs on there. Volume is self-explanatory, tone controls the brightness and treble of the sound, 10 being the brightest and 0 being the darkest.

Looking from the top of your guitar (at the low E), the top left knob is the neck pickup volume, the bottom left knob the bridge pickup volume. Top right is neck pickup tone, bottom right bridge pickup tone. Hope this helps.
Quote by Bentheemo
Okay, thank you so much

No problem. Experiment to make different tones, a lot of people are too content leaving everything at 10 all the time.
My volume knobs seem to fade in really quick, like from 0-2 or 0-3 the dropoff is pretty sudden, is that usual?

Also about the pickup switch on the Les Paul, is the 'rhythm' switch neck pickup only, 'treble' switch bridge only?

If I have it in the middle so both pickups are on, if I turn the volume of one all the way down, the whole volume dies, I guess this is a necessary function for when playing both pickups and wanting to kill the sound right? not a fault?
Last edited by 7thSon at Mar 6, 2008,
well it should be obvious playaround with the knobs it looks like you have 2 pick up vlume knobs and two tone knobs for each pick up you should be ale to tell what they do
Quote by 7thSon
My volume knobs seem to fade in really quick, like from 0-2 or 0-3 the dropoff is pretty sudden, is that usual?

Also about the pickup switch on the Les Paul, is the 'rhythm' switch neck pickup only, 'treble' switch bridge only?

If I have it in the middle so both pickups are on, if I turn the volume of one all the way down, the whole volume dies, I guess this is a necessary function for when playing both pickups and wanting to kill the sound right? not a fault?

You're correct, there's more of a dropoff towards the lower numbers, the rhythm pickup is the neck and treble is bridge and controlling one set of knobs works while both pickups are selected.