I learned the majority of this song a while back, but I'm still having a little trouble in the beginning stretching my fingers to the fifth fret(s) while still holding down on the ninth fret. I was wondering if there was an alternate way or if anyone could give me some tips. Thanks.
a 5-9 stretch really isnt that big, keep practicing you will get it,
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
try different thumb positions
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
10th on string below?

If not, 4th on string above for the 9th and 5th on the string below.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by PrimalVexations
I learned the majority of this song a while back, but I'm still having a little trouble in the beginning stretching my fingers to the fifth fret(s) while still holding down on the ninth fret. I was wondering if there was an alternate way or if anyone could give me some tips. Thanks.

had this problem for ages, I just practiced till my fingers got used to it, still f*ck up sometimes though

it's not a problem on my Mustang though (I FINNALLY get it saturday,but I busted Defy out when I was playing it in store)

and man, that is a killer song, one of my fave's to play
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
You could change the string the note is played on, but then it just makes that part really awkward. you'll just have to stretch it out, or get a short scale bass. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the bass Claypool plays it on has a 32" scale, which is pretty short compared to the 34"-35" that most basses have.
I don't think any of the tabs are right! Watch Hallucinogenetics, they focus on his hands during that part of the song. Pretty neat.