I have a Vox valvetronix ad30 amp and I am getting a buzzing sound when I take my fingers off the guitar strings. What causes this?
cheers
either ....noisey pickups (so what), noisey amp(eh), or improper grounding(circut problems in outlet not amp)
Quote by swoosta
I have a Vox valvetronix ad30 amp and I am getting a buzzing sound when I take my fingers off the guitar strings. What causes this?
cheers

Poor grounding.
You'll need to check your pickups are properly grounded to something metal in your guitar.
When you touch the strings, you become the ground, allowing signal to go to the floor.
When you let got, there is no longer a ground and it hums.
I don't think it is the guitar. If I have the lead plugged in the amp I still get the buzz which is not the usual lead noise, I have tried reseting the amp to factory settings bu still have it. Any ideas? only had light use at home.
If you have single-coils and you play guitar while sitting at your computer like I do, you can get insane buzz and hum from the CRT monitor.

The AD30VT has a noise reduction circuit in the FX section, but if you use too much it kills the sensitivity. Better with higher output pickups, I imagine.

For me, setting the noise reduction at halfway was decently clean and still sensitive to attack. I got used to it and expected some noise in the single-coil signal.

If you have CRT on anywhere near the guitar, turning it off will make a huge difference.